POSITION SUMMARY: Performs a wide variety of clerical duties, processing of records and information, and assisting with administrative duties related to managing residency and enrollment.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Provide support and direction district-wide regarding enrollment i.e. conducting on-site enrollments and residency verifications for high schools during peak enrollment times.
- Provide clerical support to the Director of Residency and Enrollment i.e. check and respond to email and voicemail in Director’s absence or as requested, make travel arrangements, schedule meetings and or conferences.
- Maintain ongoing communication with district personnel and others via email, fax, and telephone to ensure all inquires and instructions are addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Organize the issuance of a high volume of affidavits annually (approximately 2400):
- Meet with families seeking affidavits (living with other families)
- Issue enrollment approval cards to those satisfying Affidavit requirements and temporary enrollment cards for those needing additional time to obtain necessary documents
- Send monthly reminders to families with temporary enrollment approvals
- Work with external agencies (leasing companies, landlords, City Halls, previous schools etc) to obtain documentation for enrollment
- Send drop letters to families in violation of district residency policies
- Send end of year residency renewals to eligible families
- Provide schools with residency affidavits quarterly and request updated information.
- Maintain up-to-date residency affidavit files.
- Maintain a database and record keeping system of all students on an Affidavit of Residency or Special Enrollment for a minimum of three years.
- Organize Centralized Enrollment annually including promoting the enrollment event, ensuring that the venue is set up appropriately, preparing enrollment packets for approximately 500, organizing parent resource station, and coordinating the duties of the all staff assisting with the event.
- Enroll private elementary students, who are district residents, in summer school.
- Ensure that all residency and enrollment documents and forms are up-to-date.
- Provide Guardianship and Special Enrollment approvals, after thorough screening, to families unable to obtain the necessary paperwork for enrollment.
- Investigate potential residency violations (reported by district personnel and as a result of returned mail) by conducting address verification checks via state websites and other resources.
- Maintain department budget information.
- Ensure that the department’s supply level is adequate at all times.
- Maintain a working knowledge of residency trends, policies, guidelines, state laws, and other regulations that may impact the operation of the residency and enrollment department.
- Assist other student service staff members i.e. work switchboard as necessary, relieve switchboard operator, when requested.
- Serve as Notary Public.
- Distribute departmental mail.
- Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year of clerical experience.
Skills and Abilities
1. Proven history of providing high level customer service.
2. Ability to make impartial decisions
3. Proven experience with speaking in front of large crowds.
4. Ability to de-escalate situations
5. Ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
6. Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to empathize and reason with residents.
8. Ability to present self in a professional manner.
9. Demonstrated ability to efficiently handle multi priorities simultaneously.
10. Demonstrated ability to accept/respond to change positively and effectively.
11. Apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram
12. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
13. Demonstrates good oral and written communications skills.
14. Demonstrates proficiency in MicroSoft Office.
Normal office conditions.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
Personal computer and related software, calculator, fax machine, photocopier.