Performs a wide variety of secretarial and administrative duties along with assisting the department chair by coordinating payroll activities, scheduling, and coordinating departmental projects and activities. Maintains liaison with other departments, partnerships and district services and activities. Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence, innovation, student success, integrity, and diversity in the performance of job duties.
35% - Communication. Screens and routes calls and visitors and provides a variety of information requiring specialized knowledge of the department. Contributes to webpage management.
25% - Departmental Operations Activities. Provides instructional support. Assists with coordinating building schedule. Assists with processing budget requests, filing, and meeting minutes. Operates/troubleshoots office/specialized equipment.
25% - Data Management. Maintains students and faculty tracking databases. Assists faculty and staff in documentation of compliance with agency/regulatory guidelines.
15% - Registration. Manages registration of program groups.
- Experience with coordinating and monitoring tracking data and preparation of reports.
- Experience using software applications, e-mail, and website management.
- Experience providing customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Special Working Conditions
- Associate's degree or higher preferred, or five (5) or more years of experience in an administration field.
- Experience working in an educational setting, preferably higher education.
- Experience with multi tasking and working in an environment with constant interruptions.
- Experience creating and managing web or social networking sites.
Some evening or weekend hours and overtime required as needed. May require prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and viewing computer monitor. May require lifting objects up to 40 lbs. May be required to work at multiple sites. May require possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D Driver's License; you will be required to meet the district minimum standards regarding driving: http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rmi/vehicle.htm#requirements
Maricopa County Community College District - 19 months ago