This is a part-time (.50 FTE) position. The Administrative Services Manager A reports directly to the Director of Administrative Computing Services (ADMCS) for planning, organizing, implementing, and controlling all administrative services in order to facilitate the overall management of this of Information and Telecommunications services. In particular, the position independently manages budget planning, funds management, purchasing, receiving, public information, operations, and personnel administration for the entire department.
This position is part of a Public School Employees of WWU bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
About the Department: Administrative Computing Services (ADMCS)
- Budget and Fiscal Management (45%): Manages all day-to-day functions of department’s complex annual $3M annual budgets. Budget management includes processing of all purchasing related paperwork, working with the academic budget office to establish accurate existing and new budgets, allocating budget line items internally, tracking expenses against the budgets, reconciling Banner budget reports, and preparation of summary reports for ADMCS Director. Position advises Director on budget allocations. Reviews and approves statistical and budget status reports and analyzes problem areas as needed. Fiscal management duties comprise tracking of all expenditures to appropriate budgets, preparation and reconciliation of purchase documents, management of self-support revenue, supervision of all cash handling if any, maintenance of detailed budget reports, and development and maintenance of budget forecast for the Director. Prepares cost estimates, acquires new vendor quotes when due, reviews and approves income/expenses, analyzes problem areas and makes recommendations or takes corrective action.
- Operations (25%): Supervises all aspects of departmental administrative operations, including travel, office operations, mail, memberships, correspondence, space utilization, inventory, and general information inquiries. Assists in formulating general administrative policies of the organization. Prepares space, equipment needs analyses and implements maintenance of facilities. Prepares and tracks all travel and conference/education documentation. Prepares contract proposals in compliance with agency policies. Implements institution policies and procedures related to department operations.
- Personnel Administration (25%): Assists Director and other senior officials in the administration of all personnel procedures and record-keeping. Serves as primary liaison for the department with Human Resources and EOC. Supervises search processes for both classified and exempt employees, including preparation of advertisements. Keeps appropriate personnel records for all employees both locally and as required in HR records. Processes timesheets, monitors leave, and reconciles internal vacation calendar to payroll reports. Supervises the maintenance of all payroll and personnel transactions.
- Other Duties (5%): Other duties as required to assist Director/Manager with proper management of ADMCS/TS/ATUS.
- Experience in processing and reconciling requisitions and invoices to budget reports
- Experience in creating and maintaining budget spreadsheets and files; and reconciling to an Financial ERP system
- Experience in organizing and coordinating departmental travel, purchasing, and general operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education / experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience in using the SunGard Banner Financial system and reconciling with departmental files and transaction
- Experience in using Millennium Fast and Ellucian Travel Expense Management
- Proficiency in Access.
- Knowledge of the computer field
Academic Emphasis: N/A
Job Location: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
Salary: New hires typically begin at $1531.50/month including an excellent benefits package
Bargaining Union: D
Application Instructions and Requested Documents: Please log in below and submit your application via WWU's Electronic Application System for Employment (EASE). Note: You will need to be using Internet Explorer to fully utilize our online application system.
A cover letter and resume are required and should address your experience related to the position responsibilities and the required and preferred qualifications. You may cut and paste or upload your resume and cover letter as noted on the EASE application.
Please complete the education and work experience section of the EASE application and submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
Other Information: Follow Western Employment on Facebook and WWUEmployment on Twitter
Western Washington University - 16 months ago