The School of Business at the University of Connecticut is seeking a full time Administrative Services Specialist III to work in its Stamford campus. The incumbent will report to the School of Business Executive Director for graduate programs in Stamford, and will work closely with the fiscal staff in the school's Dean's Office as well as with program staff in the school's multiple locations.
The position will oversee the day-to-day financial and administrative aspects that exist with the Stamford Part-Time MBA and Financial Risk Management programs. Minimal travel to other UConn campuses may be expected.
This position will oversee the day-to-day financial/administrative aspects of these programs, including but not limited to:
- Coordinates all fiscal and bursar aspects of the Stamford programs.
- Processes and prepares fiscal paperwork, which includes but is not limited to, purchase orders, travel authorizations, payroll authorizations, transfer vouchers, and other disbursement requests; follows up to resolve problems as they arise.
- Participates in development and monitoring of operating budget for programs supported by the position.
- Reviews operating procedures and policies for efficiency and effectiveness and plans or makes recommendations for new or revised policies and procedures.
- Prepares narrative reports as appropriate to meet University, State, Federal and School of Business requirements.
- Performs administrative duties including but not limited to training and supervision of clerical and student staff, acting as a liaison to external units within the University and serving as a resource to faculty and staff regarding fiscal, bursar and administrative policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties and completes projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, or Associate's degree and four to seven years progressively responsible related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and fiscal control methods.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
- Strong, proven ability with basic office software, including Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Ability to fit into a team environment that includes members at various locations.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- At least two years' experience working in a professional academic or business environment.
- Familiarity with student administration and financial reporting systems such as PeopleSoft and Kuali.
This is a full time position.
Please apply online using Husky Hire to submit letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. Full consideration will be given to those that apply by December 18, 2012. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on 12/18/2012.
University of Connecticut - 19 months ago