The Development Associate will assist the Major Gifts Officer-Duluth in communication with donors, LSS staff, ambassadors and other parties. The position includes researching prospects, logging donor information into Raiser’s Edge and maintaining databases. The position also includes assisting with donor events.
Requirements: B.A. or equivalent experience. 3-4 years experience working on research and identification of prospects and special event experience. Must possess excellent written and oral communication abilities. Must have the ability to skillfully communicate with people at all levels within the organization, as well as with donors, prospects and community members. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred. Strong planning, organizing and execution skills required. Driver’s License.
- 20% Conduct research on potential donors, foundations, and grant opportunities. Monitor and track donor data. Develop and monitor reports to prioritize grant requests.
- 20% Maintain database in Raiser’s Edge including entering data, running reports and updating information.
- 10% Act as primary contact for local LSS Ambassador program, disseminate information, grow participant numbers, and schedule meetings.
- 20% Assist with coordination of fundraising and public events, including mailings, volunteer recruitment, venue arrangements, collateral materials, and follow-up.
- 5% Build and maintain budget reports and prospect sheets for local programs.
- 5% Maintain and coordinate updates to local social media page(s).
- 20% Support the Major Gifts Officer-Duluth and provide general administrative support to the organization’s NE region’s fundraising efforts.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Application Contact: An application is required and may be submitted online via our website at www.lssmn.org/employment
Position Information: This is a part-time position (25% FTE). Posted 1/22/13.
Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota - 2 years ago
Since 1865, Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota has responded to Minnesota's changing needs by being wholly committed to making life better...