This position is open only to:|
(1) Current Montgomery County Government employees;
(2) Montgomery County employees who were affected by reduction-in-force and currently have RIF priority rights;
(3) Active Montgomery County local fire and rescue department volunteers with at least 50 points under the length of service award program; or
(4) Active Customized Employment Public Interns or former Customized Employment Public Interns within 24 months of completion of internship.
Employee will be responsible for: planning, developing, organizing, and administering comprehensive knowledge and performance-based lesson plans consistent with policy and procedure during classroom instruction to ECC entry level personnel, as well as in-service instruction to a broad spectrum of employees; classroom instruction includes the proper operation of numerous public safety systems, i.e. 911 emergency telephone system, automatic call distribution (ACD) system, computer aided dispatch (CAD) system, automatic vehicle location ( AVL ) system, geographical information (mapping GIS ) system; and 800 MHz digital trunked radio system.
Employee will perform all duties associated with first line supervision of entry level personnel; direct and evaluate the training duties and effectiveness of shift-level trainers that provide on-the-job training to entry-level personnel.
Employee must be a self motivator, have the ability to work as a team member, handle multiple priorities, and associate with a diverse workforce. Work may include non-standard hours.
Training for the following certifications will be required; NCIC inquiry, Communications Training Officer Certification, National Academy of Emergency Dispatch (NAED), Emergency Telecommunicator Instructor Certification, PowerPhone Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD), Law Enforcement Dispatch (LED) and Fire Services Dispatch (FSD) Instructor certifications.
Employee will evaluate current and emerging public safety communications technology and issues that impact training needs; research updated curricula and explore new program possibilities; and perform duties as assigned.
Additional Employment Information
Montgomery County Government is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workforce diversity. Accordingly, as it relates to employment opportunities, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, in accordance with the law. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Human Resources via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Individual determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made in accordance with all applicable laws.
Montgomery County Government also provides hiring preference to certain categories of veterans and veterans/persons with a disability. For more information and to claim employment preference, please refer to the Careers webpage on Hiring Preference . Minimum Qualifications
Two (2) years of professional administrative experience related to providing formalized training.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Preferred Criteria
Resume must include information specific to the preferred criteria listed below. Make sure that your resume references your knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to the preferred criteria. Ideally, the preferred criteria should be addressed in a separate section in your resume. The system only allows for one document to be submitted so your preferred criteria must be part of the resume.
1. Experience planning, scheduling and delivering classroom instruction that addresses the field of public safety.
2. Experience developing performance-based lesson plans, training modules and testing mechanisms.
3. Experience instructing adult learners.
4. Experience operating the 911 emergency telephone system, computer aided dispatch (CAD) system, 800 MHz digital trunked radio system, and Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Experience supervising of personnel.
If selected for consideration for this position, you may be required to provide evidence that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities indicated on your resume.
Minimum Salary 47028 Maximum Salary 77756 Currency USD Amount of Travel Work At Home