This position will answer and direct incoming calls to the appropriate program or person from the departments main information lines; provide customer service to internal and external customers; and print, copy, file, scan and mail contract documents labels. This Administrative Specialist II STT position will provide administrative support to the 13th floor reception (50%) and CPRES (50%).
Who May Apply: This full time Short Term Temporary position is open to all qualified applicants.
Work Location: 13th Floor Chinook Building, 401 Fifth Ave, Seattle, WA 98104.
Work Schedule: The individual selected for this position will be required to work Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
APPLICATION PROCESS (submit electronically):
- Job Application with completed supplemental questions.
You can attach multiple documents if necessary or required, such as your cover letter or resume to your application. Your options are:
- Copy and paste one or more documents into the text resume section of the application.
- Attach multiple documents/files in the resume attachment section.
Your application may be rejected as incomplete if you do not include the relevant information in the on-line application and include the information only on the resume. Applications and/or Supplemental Questionnaires that state "see my resume" or "see my personnel file" are considered incomplete and will not be accepted. Cover letters and/or optional resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Contact: For more information about the application process, please contact Sarah Fish at Sarah.Fish@kingcounty.gov or (206) 263-8738.
Examples of Duties:
- Provide front desk support including answering phone calls, researching and triaging to the appropriate division / department /agency, updating and verifying triage list and updating front desk procedures and list for coverage staff.
- Type and print label for new contracts.
- Scan and save all agreements in the appropriate drives/folders.
- Update contract signed and sent dates in Upside.
- Upload documents in Upside.
- Prepare Public Health signed letters for accounts receivable agreements.
- Mail out accounts receivable agreements to contractors for signatures.
- Enter data into program databases, create files and file paperwork into existing files quickly and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Manage daily car calendar, making changes to accommodate all users.
- Arrange for car maintenance either scheduled maintenance or if cars have unforeseen problems. Take cars in for maintenance / service or arrange for someone to do it.
- Take cars in for detailing.
- Update and maintain maintenance/gas/mileage logs.
- Maintain information packets for cars.
- Search the garage for vehicles that are listed in the wrong parking space.
- Knowledge of general office principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to provide proper English grammar, usage and spelling.
- Demonstrated ability to enter data into program databases quickly and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize and prioritize workload; manage multiple tasks simultaneously; and meet multiple deadlines, and adapt to changes in work load demands; initiative and accountability skills for work product or service.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a Windows environment and use Microsoft Office products to complete assigned clerical tasks, including: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse range of staff and customers in a pleasant, non-judgmental, respectful, and culturally sensitive manner under varying levels of stress; handle difficult interpersonal interactions with discretion and diplomacy, etiquette, professionalism; and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to operate standard office equipment that may include typewriter, personal computer, photocopier machines, scanners, fax machines, and multi-line telephone.
- Demonstrated ability to create files and file paperwork into existing files quickly and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to answer, research, and triage phone calls.
Your application materials must validate your answers to the supplemental questions. If your answers cannot be validated, you will not proceed to the next steps of the process.
The selected candidate will be required to pass a thorough background investigation.
This selection process may include but is not limited to: evaluation of application materials and supplemental questions, testing and interviewing. For more information on our selection process, please refer to http://www.metrokc.gov/health/about/hiring.htm
Public Health relies on office automation (Microsoft Office) and web-based enabled tools, therefore candidates must be proficient and comfortable with computer use to perform functions associated with on-going work.
Employees are required to adhere to OSHA/WISHA guidelines including but not limited to completing their mandatory trainings on time and obtaining required immunizations.
Regular and reliable attendance, effective communication skills, and development of effective working relationships are requirements of all Public Health positions.
Employees are required to protect the privacy and security of protected health information as defined in State and Federal Law.
Staff may be required to play an active role in the event of a public health emergency, which may include changes in responsibilities and working hours.
If you need a disability accommodation in the application or testing process, please call the contact number listed on the job announcement.
Applicants from this job posting may be used to fill temporary or other positions in this classification for a period of up to a year.
UNION AFFILIATION: Positions in this classification are represented by Teamsters, Local #17.
King County - 11 months ago
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....