The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm specializing in all aspects of education and other social policy issues. AIR prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant Federal, state, and private organizations.
AIR’s Information Technology (IT) organization provides technology services for clients both inside and external to AIR. We are currently searching for an Administrative Specialist to provide high-level administrative support to the Vice President of Information Technology and IT senior staff. Additionally, this role will support the IT management team in the production of quality and metrics reports, and the production and management of IT process and standards documentation.
• Perform a wide variety of administrative and non-routine tasks in support of the process and management work of the Vice President and IT leadership.
• Prepare and edit reports, memos, letters, financial statements, presentation materials and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, diagramming or presentation software. Specific reports will include routine IT reports presenting quality metrics, project metrics and operational metrics.
• Read and analyze incoming emails, memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their disposition.
• File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports. Organize and manage SharePoint-based and server-based files. Produce and manage IT team documents including IT process flows, IT policies and standards’ documentation.
• Coordinate all activities relating to meetings, web meetings and engagements in support of the Vice President and delegates including reserving conference room, inviting attendees, drafting agenda, producing minutes, arranging for refreshments when required, and tracking follow-up items from meetings.
• Provide assistance and support to clients, vendors and other AIR staff with utmost courtesy and respect and in a manner that enhances the efficiency and reputation of AIR.
• Conduct web searches, to research and organize information on a variety of subjects as required.
• Maintain the Vice President’s calendar, make appointments, schedule meetings and coordinate travel. Reconcile travel expenses and corporate purchasing card bills.
• Research, select, and purchase products in support of the routine needs of the Vice President.
• Receive, track and forward incoming phone calls determining the appropriate disposition, as well as track and respond to resulting voice mails as appropriate.
• Organize and maintain a clean, orderly, and effective physical workspace for both the Vice President and themselves.
• Complete other duties and special projects as assigned by the Vice President.
• College degree preferred; business school certificate or equivalent skills and experience considered.
• 5 years of administrative experience embracing the use of information technology tools.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point. SharePoint and Visio knowledge is a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple activities including the physical and information environments.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Highly approachable.
• High level of professionalism, confidence, tact, flexibility, discretion and diplomacy.
American Institutes for Research - 11 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...