1. Indexing of all claims documents.
2. Review and distribute incoming medical bills for processing, overnight, and certified mail.
3. Faxing and copying for CR’s; printing of files for CR’s.
4. Take overflow calls, take messages, and answer basic claim related questions.
5. Initiate form letters from computer system upon request by CR’s.
6. May provide clerical support to managers and directors including special projects and other duties as assigned.
7. Organize and manage supplies – maintaining an adequate inventory.
8. Sort incoming mail, checks, and transmittal letters.
9. Report absenteeism in the claims areas to switchboard operations daily.
Educational Equivalent - High school education required; insurance and medical terminology training preferred; some post-secondary education preferred.
Specific Training - Proficient use of personal computer is required; training and experience with MS Outlook, Excel and MS Word preferred.
Specific Abilities - Effective oral and written communications skills required. Pleasant and professional telephone manner essential. Must be able to work with public and company personnel cordially and respectfully. Must possess the ability to properly organize priorities. Typing ability of 40 wpm required.
American National Family of Companies - 16 months ago