Casey Family Programs, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a national operating foundation that provides and improves—and ultimately prevents the need for—foster care. We value a diverse and culturally competent workplace.
The Administrative Specialist is responsible for providing administrative and project support to a work unit Managing Director or Senior Director and their team.
% of Time
· Maintains the MD or Senior Director’s calendar and travel schedule. Works closely with the MD or Senior Director, the work unit leadership team, and other internal and external parties to ensure a well coordinated schedule.
· Manages projects and events in conjunction with the MD or Senior Director and work unit leadership team. Coordinates with work unit staff, other Casey work units, external partners, and vendors to ensure successful project/event completion.
· Responds to incoming requests to the MD or Senior Director on a wide variety of issues and works through to resolution. Drafts and edits memoranda, reports, presentations, and other documents as requested by the MD or Senior Director.
· Develops and maintains work unit administrative processes, ensuring alignment with Casey policies and work unit goals. Serves as the subject matter expert on administrative issues, provides coaching and guidance to work unit administrative staff as needed.
· Supports the MD or Senior Director and the work unit leadership team in the development of the budget. Provides ongoing budget monitoring and variance analysis; prepares budget adjustments as needed. Works with work unit staff to ensure accurate processing of invoices, expense reports, and other financial items.
· Performs other duties as assigned
· A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of administrative support experience, at least 3 of which have been at the executive level. Relevant experience may be substituted for education.
· Strong organizational skills, critical thinking, and effective written and verbal communication skills are needed. The ability to work autonomously and exercise independent judgment is required.
· A broad knowledge of computer software is required. Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite are needed.
· Proven success in working in a diverse, multi-cultural environment is required.
· Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function.
Casey Family Programs - 6 months ago