Responsible for coordinating all personnel matters with Human Resources.
Special Notices to Applicants
MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING :
Typing test with score of 30 wpm with 7 or less errors.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to take and pass the required typing test by the posting deadline, all applicants who fail to do so will not be considered.
Skills Test is administered by the Texas Workforce Network, 2626 JBS Parkway or test can be taken in the Human Resources Department at City Hall 411 W 8th Street. Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 p.m.
1. Responsible for routing of all applicant files within the Police Department.
2. Schedules and arranges boards for hiring and promotions.
3. Completes all necessary data forms related to personnel, including variances and requisitions.
4. Ensures expedient administration of entire hiring process within the PD, including physical testing and backgrounds.
5. Coordinates personnel placed in behavioral cause program.
6. Designs and plans recruiting efforts in cooperation with Human Resources.
7. Constructs job position evaluation criteria within the performance evaluation system.
8. Plans and supervises all testing for promotional and eligibility opportunities within the Police Department.
9. Supervises and recruits until academies start.
10. Coordinates job performance evaluation process for the department as well as employee verification for budget process.
11. Performs additional duties as assigned.