Provides assistance to customers and administrative support to all department personnel.
Performs various financial, accounts receivable, and receipting related functions in support of department operations.
- Maintains responsibility for all front desk operations and customer service.
- Answers and directs phone calls, greets visitors, responds to questions and providing general information with a positive and welcoming manner.
- Refers requests for detailed information or problem resolution to appropriate department personnel.
- Intakes strays and owner surrendered animals using tact and respect. and inputs into shelter software.
- Processes adoptions, reviews adoption applications, and provides adoption counseling using polite, reasonable and impartial judgment.
- Posts and delete animal photos to the shelter website.
- Receives, maintains, and processes cash payments in accordance with the County Treasurer’s office and the County Auditor’s office.
- Maintains highly accurate files and documentation supporting all financial and accounting related functions in a timely manner.
- Performs weekly inventory of shelter animal locations.
- Responds to County Auditor’s office requests for documentation and information in support of financial, accounts payable and internal auditing processes.
- Maintains responsibility for maintaining office supplies inventory, paper supply, toner replacement, etc. and coordinate any necessary ordering with supervisor.
- Receives incoming shipments of supplies and distributes accordingly.
- Coordinates office equipment maintenance.
- Performs various janitorial duties to maintain the upkeep of the administrative areas of the shelter.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Readily complies with departmental and county-wide policies and procedures.
- Performs related special projects as assigned.
- The physical demands and environmental factors listed below as well as regular attendance are also essential functions for this position.
- Frequent sitting, talking, listening, reading, word processing, filing, standing, bending and some lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Must have visual acuity, hand to eye coordination and manual dexterity for phone, computer, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Must be able to speak in a clear, understandable voice and hear audible sounds such as normal conversation and audible alarms.
- Constant contact with the public and county employees.
- Multi-tasking and effective time management is required.
- Flexibility of hours and workdays is essential. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- The majority of time is spent working indoors in a climate controlled building that is designated smoke-free. Some exposure to unpleasant smells and a noisy and wet environment associated with an animal shelter may occur.
- Williamson County has adopted a Tobacco-Free Workplace policy. This policy prohibits smoking or use of any tobacco product on Williamson County premises. Williamson County and Cities Health District offers free smoking cessation programs to employees and spouses.
- High School graduate or equivalent is required.
- At least three years of responsible administrative experience, preferably in an animal welfare or animal control organization.
- Ability to work effectively with the public, co-workers and supervisors in a pleasant, professional manner.
- Must have strong organizational skills and proven ability to maintain accurate, detailed records that will be audited periodically.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a high volume office, produce accurate work and meet established deadlines while maintaining a pleasant welcoming atmosphere.
- Experience with Windows, Microsoft Office, calculator, fax and copy machines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and decision making ability within area of responsibility. Must be mature, dependable, resourceful and able to work independently under general supervision.
- Ability to type and enter data with appropriate speed and efficiency.
- Must maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must obtain a valid Texas driver’s license by date of hire.
- Employment is contingent on passing post-offer, pre-employment and periodic drug testing and criminal background investigations.
- Previous relevant public sector experience
- Data entry efficiency at a minimum of 55 wpm.
- Non-Essential Personnel for Emergency Situations; unless employees are designated by Department Heads or employees are in other offices that are open.
- Reports directly to the Office Administrator
- Direct Reports- N/A
- Number of Direct Reports- 0
A Williamson County online application (resumes alone are not sufficient) must be received before the position is closed. Positions are open until filled, subject to close at any time after five business days. The Human Resources Department is located at 301 South/East Inner Loop, Suite 108, Georgetown, TX 78626. Phone (512) 943-1533 or visit our website at www.wilco.org .
Williamson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a position, please request assistance from the Human Resources Department.
Williamson County - 13 months ago