You too can make a difference in our world. The work of the US Fish and Wildlife Service is meaningful and varied. Want to know more about what it is like to work for us? Click here to watch short podcasts entitled Meet Your New Boss! and Diversity is our Strength .
No PCS/moving benefits are authorized.
This is a permanent, full-time position with the Division of Refuges in Atlanta, GA.
NOTE: This position is also being advertised under Merit Promotion Procedures and is open to status candidates. To be considered under merit promotion procedures, you must submit a separate application and supplemental documentation to vacancy announcement number R4-13-844220-CI-MP.
All application materials and supporting documentation must be received by the closing date of this announcement (including Veterans Preference documentation).
U.S. Citizenship Required
Background Investigation Required DUTIES:
- assists staff in the distribution and tracking of annual budgets for assigned Area
- assists staff in providing support on initiating, tracking, and completing personnel actions.
- independently makes all arrangements for staff for seminars and workshops involving numbers of participants; selects and makes hotel arrangements; arranges for equipment including audiovisual; makes room reservations in cooperation with the hotel managers; and conducts a followup check of these items.
- makes all travel arrangements, prepares itineraries, and upon submission of proper receipts and brief narrative(s) of trips, prepares travel vouchers for staff.
- maintains the calendars making appointments and arranging conferences and meetings without prior approval based on knowledge of their schedules, workloads, obligations, preferences, and concerns. Cancels, reschedules, or refuses appointments as necessary.
By the closing date of this announcement, you must meet the minimum qualification requirements as outlined in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook and as identified in this announcement below. This handbook can be viewed at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/index.asp .
Minimum Qualifications: possess at least1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-6 level. Examples of such experience may include assisting in the preparation/execution of budgets; preparing program/project documents i.e., project descriptions and summaries; coordinating procurement, property, vehicles, and space management functions; advising and assisting supervisors on actions concerning personnel matters.
Transcripts : You must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial photocopy) to document your educational accomplishments. Failure to submit this documentation by the closing date will result in disqualification from further consideration. Official transcripts will be required if you are selected to fill the position. College transcripts are still required if you currently occupy or previously occupied the series for which you are applying.
Foreign Education: Education completed outside the United States must have been evaluated by a private U.S. organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials, commonly called a credential evaluation service or education that is recognized by the Secretary of Education from an accredited body.
http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html To preview the Assessment Questionnaire, click the following link: View Occupational Questionnaire
Incumbent must be able to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle. A valid state driver's license is required.
This positions sensitivity level has been designated as non-sensitive. Accordingly, the selectee must undergo a background investigation prior to appointment.
No PCS/moving benefits are authorized.
Completion of a 1-year probationary period is required (if one has not yet been completed). HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of the Federal government budget process, cycles, formulation and execution methods and financial management procedures.
2. Knowledge of Information Management.
3. Knowledge of Federal procurement and purchasing rules, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.
4. Knowledge of administrative functions, including payroll, personnel, travel and correspondence.
5. Ability to communicate orally.
6. Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
NOTE: You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verifications. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you rated yourself higher than is supported by your application, or your application is incomplete, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience or you may be considered ineligible.
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp OTHER INFORMATION:
1. If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans preference see
2. If you have special priority selection rights under the Agency Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position . To be well-qualified for the position and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 90 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Federal employees seeking CTAP/ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.605(a) for CTAP and 5 CFR 330.704 for ICTAP. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of their most recent Performance Rating and a copy of their most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as a CTAP or ICTAP eligible. For more information on CTAP/ICTAP see
3. Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).