The Olathe Police Department is currently looking for a part-time Administrative Support II to join our team of people with a passion for serving our diverse community. This person will perform a wide variety of responsible and complex administrative secretarial duties in support of police department staff and the public.
- Process all public record requests for the Police Department including audio, video, and photographs.
- File, maintain, and search criminal history files and provide authorized information to authorized persons only.
- Prepare legal documentation necessary to initiate a prosecution of a case. Forward all documentation within required time frame to the appropriate agency.
- Provide support and assistance to police personnel, the public and other organizations and agencies regarding police records; provide information regarding police activities, operations and records to the public, department personnel and other agencies.
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with maintaining accurate police records in various databases; prepare various printouts for police staff as necessary; input data regarding cases, incidents, and other related matters into the computer; verify information on reports.
- Collate and file a variety of reports, records, information, and paperwork; participate in maintaining an up-to-date police records filing system; prepare photocopies; distribute material as appropriate; purge files.
- Inspect police reports for accurate and complete information; enter information into computer; verify and complete information as necessary.
- Answer questions and provide general information the public regarding Police Department policies and procedures pertaining to record storage and disposal.
- Receive subpoenas for officers. Researches records and prepares appropriate background information. Contact and ensure the present of the officer at court.
- May serve as a notary public.
- Perform duties and responsibilities as required .
Experience & Education:
Experience : 2 years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience. Working knowledge of computer applications.
Education : Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized secretarial training. College level course work in business administration or a related field is desirable.
Must pass in-depth background investigation and polygraph exam. Must pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Reasons for Disqualification
This position is approximately 30 hours per week. Schedule is:
- FALSE STATEMENT: False statement of material fact/deception/fraud, or intentional withholding of the same;
- FELONIES : No felony convictions ever and no commission of a felony in the past five years, subject to review;
- MISDEMEANORS: Conviction/Commission of a Class "A" misdemeanor within the past five years, subject to review. No conviction/commission of a Class "B" misdemeanor within the past two years to include a Failure to Appear traffic conviction, subject to review.
- DRIVING RECORD: Commission/Conviction of a DUI in the past five years. Three or more citations within the last twelve months. Three or more chargeable or at fault accidents within the past five years. Overall driving history which is deemed unacceptable.
- PROBATION/PAROLE : Currently on probation, parole or diversion (inclusive or deferred adjudication). Pardoned for any reason other than being innocent.
- NARCOTICS/CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE: Use of any illegal drug, other than marijuana, within the past five years or the sale of a controlled substance at any time.
- MARIJUANA: No use of marijuana in the last three years.
- MILITARY DISCHARGE/CONDUCT: Discharge that is less than honorable conditions.
- UNACCEPTABLE BACKGROUND: Work history, educational history, military service, general reputation, and interpersonal relationship.
- TATTOO POLICY: "No visible tattoos are allowed that cannot be completely covered by one of the standard issued Olathe Police Department Uniforms and/or appropriate business attire, if approved for your position. "Piercings are limited to two earrings per ear and "no gauged body parts."
- CITY WIDE NEPOTISM POLICY: Any applicant who has a member of their immediate family employed full-time or part-time by the City of Olathe is not eligible for employment.
Monday 8 am - 4 pm
Wednesday 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Thursday 8 am - 12 pm
Friday 8 am - 4 pm
City of Olathe, KS - 17 months ago