The City of Olathe is seeking an Administrative Support III to perform a wide variety of confidential and complex administrative secretarial duties in support of the Resource Management Department. This position will also provide assistance to the staff and public.
- Perform a wide variety of general clerical and computer work including the maintenance of accurate and detailed files, logs, manuals and records; verify accuracy of information.
- Prepare, type, word process and proofread a variety of documents.
- Answer multi-line telephone, screen and route calls; assist staff and general public, receive and process requests and applications; respond to complaints or inquiries; provide information on departmental policies and procedures as required; other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a schedule and calendar for departmental staff; coordinate travel arrangements as required.
- Create and maintain various database files.
- Prepare staff department meeting minutes, prepare and distribute department communications.
- Coordinate and monitor citywide utilization of the purchase card system and train City staff on purchase card policies and procedures.
- Coordinate inventory of office supplies; process purchase requisitions and payment vouchers.
- Coordinate projects, activities and events as required.
- Assist with monthly p-card reconciliation process for department.
- Assist the p-card program for new card issuance, administration, policy compliance reviews, audits, implementation of process improvements and other related p-card activities.
- Perform duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience & Education:
Experience : Three (3) years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience. Financial background a plus.
Education : Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized secretarial training. College level course work in business administration or a related field is desirable.
City of Olathe, KS - 14 months ago