Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision performs secretarial/administrative duties, prepares and maintains documents and written processes, schedules industry testing, proctors and examiners, processes registration and payments, and serves as central point of contact for non-credit enrollment and industry testing for the CNM Workforce Training Center (WTC).
- Maintains all filing and organization of registration and test documentation in electronic and hard-copy folders to include audit-worthy records and reports.
- Uses a web-hosted enrollment management system on a daily basis and is expected to become an expert user; possesses the ability to reconcile routine enrollment and testing reports.
- Tracks enrollment, transfers students, issues refunds, enters completion grades and related data, maintains logs and processes daily deposits.
- Works with staff at several CNM sites and maintains excellent customer relations.
- Also provides back-up and cross-training coverage for other administrative support specialist positions.
- All other duties as assigned.
To ensure compliance with federal and college requirements, some mandatory training must be completed for this position.
- Post secondary administrative assistant/secretarial studies or equivalent and two (2) years related experience required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in scheduling, record keeping, reconciliation and web-based systems.
- Electronic and hard copy filing and document management experience.
- Organizational skills.
- Writing, spelling, punctuation, grammar, and proofreading skills; effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to relate to and interact with a non-traditional diverse employee and customer population.
-Related experience to include various software packages including Microsoft Office Suite in a Windows operating environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to administer time-sensitive assessment instruments and to cross-train for other duties.
- Ability to create and maintain written processes for all job duties.
Normally forty (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some evening and/or weekend hours may be required to meet the needs of the Institute. This position is currently based at the WTC, however, location changes can occur based on the needs of the college.
Closing date at 5:00 pm:
Required Applicant Documents:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
If transcripts and certifications are currently available please attach them electronically to your application now. This is the preferred method and will speed the hiring process. If transcripts and certifications are not available now they will be required at the time of the interview. No one will be hired without proper proof of credentials. If candidate is selected for hire "official transcripts" will be required.