Norbeck Technologies is seeking Full-Time Administrative Support S ervices. L ocation Marine Centered Medical Home (MCMH) Services clinic at Cherry Point, NC .
GENERAL DUTIES FOR ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SERVICES
SPECIFIC DUTIES FOR ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR MARINE CENTERED MEDICAL HOME
- Apply knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and medical record documentation to enter/retrieve and duplicate data to/from patient’s medical records; retrieve morbidity data using Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA); use Composite Health Care System (CHCS) to verify and update patient demographics and insurance information and to generate appropriate clinical and administrative forms adhering to the MTF SOP and AHLTA Super-user guide. Receive, retrieve and issue medical documents, records, and incoming mail daily. Prepare medical records/duplicates and folders. File the proper medical documents in correct medical record ensuring that the patient name and identifying information match.
- The contractor shall print hard-copy technical reports and administrative documents (e.g. list of daily patient appointments, Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) eligibility forms, Insurance documentation, End of Day Reporting) from CHCS and provide daily correspondence to physician health care providers prior to departing for the day for the completion of patient records. Collect, sort, and file approximately 7,500 records and Emergency Treatment Records (ETRs) each month in accordance with MTF policies.
- The contractor shall input approximately 2,500 telephone consultations into AHLTA, take accurate messages and relay information within 30 minutes.
- The contractor shall receive, greet and direct patients, visitors and hospital personnel; provide accurate responses in a friendly, courteous and concerned manner.
- The contractor shall print out encounter forms, which will be provided to the Contractor for same-day appointments and non-appointed patients and for patients referred to a clinic from the emergency room. The contractor shall perform standard office duties, including preparing paperwork, logs, and faxing.
The contractor shall perform a variety of administrative support services in support of Marine Centered Medical Home (MCMH). The contractor shall:
- The contractor shall screen, record and redirect approximately 4,000 telephone calls per month using appropriate telephone etiquette.
- The contractor shall schedule approximately 7,500 patient appointments per month and perform 7,500 patient appointment notifications per month according to the MTF scheduling and notification procedures.
- The contractor shall verify an average of 7,500 patient forms/records per month to ensure completeness before sending to clinical personnel and before the medical records are filed at visit conclusion per MTF filing protocols.
- The contractor shall verify and update patient information and data using AHLTA and CHCS approximately 7,500 times per month.
- The contractor shall reconcile all appointed patient encounter forms, other than same-day appointments or walk-in patients, with the correct patient record approximately 7,500 times per month. Encounter forms for appointed patients are printed automatically daily.
- The contractor shall verify that all required information on encounter forms are properly completed at the conclusion of each patient encounter. Forms shall be reviewed for accuracy, scanned, and corrected approximately 7,500 times per month.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Ability to type on a computer/word processor a minimum of 30 words per minute (wpm).
- Possess 1 year experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and/ or CHCS /AHLTA.
- Contract employees shall maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers; American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course; American Red Cross CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) for the Professional Rescuer; or equivalent. Training shall be the responsibility of the contractor and is at no cost to the Government contract employees, not in possession of current certification, must acquire certification prior to initiating contract performance. Web based classes do not meet these standards. A copy of the BLS instruction may be obtained from the World Wide Web at: http://navymedicine.med.navy.mil/Files/Media/directives/1500-15c.pdf .
- Possess a minimum of one year experience working as an administrative support person in a medical facility for multiple practitioners; this experience should include handling multiple phone lines, a working knowledge of medical terminology, medical documentation/records requirements, standard patient scheduling practices and creating administrative correspondence and reports.
- Contractors shall read, write, speak, and understand the English language fluently and maintain good communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work with a variety of patients and health care professionals.
- Work is typically completed in an office setting. All contract personnel shall be physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Full Medical, Dental, Prescription
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Sick leave
- Paid Short Term, Long Term disability