The Administrative and Accounting Assistant is responsible for providing administrative as well as general office support. This position will support the President, Vice President, and Senior Counsel of the firm. The position is a temporary, full-time position at our Washington, DC location.
The Public International Law & Policy Group (PILPG) is a global pro bono law firm that provides legal assistance to states and governments with the negotiating and implementing peace agreements, drafting post-conflict constitutions, and creating and operating war crimes tribunals.
PILPG has advised over twenty states and governments on the negotiation and implementation of peace agreements and post-conflict constitutions, including Afghanistan, Armenia, Bosnia, Darfur, Georgia, Kosovo, Iraq, Liberia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Nagorno-Karabakh, Nepal, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, and the Burmese pro-democracy movement. PILPG has also provided legal assistance to every international criminal tribunal.
- Maintain office records (paper and electronic) and mailing lists.
- Provide administrative support, such as filing, photocopying, printing, mailing, and ordering office supplies.
- Provide special events support.
- Data entry into accounting system
- Create and work with excel financial reports
- Review office and travel expense reports.
- Assist with maintaining and closing General Ledger.
- Assist with general finance correspondence including but not limited to preparing for A-133 audit and reporting annual requirements.
- Experience in Quickbooks strongly preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in Excel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and multitask and take ownership of assigned tasks.
idealist.org - 8 months ago