Posting Job Title: Administrator, Backup
Requisition #: 144975BR
Posting Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
- Work with (Symantec) Veritas Netbackup x.x in a large mixed environment of both windows and UNIX servers.
- Ability to build and design backup infrastructure
- Working knowledge of ACSLS software, and the ability to manage multiple tape libraries.
- Understand and have excellent knowledge and skills to trouble shoot Netbackup issues, tape issues, storage issues, and knowledge of Brocade encryption switches.
- Need to understand and monitor Disk Staging units (DSSU's).
- Need to be proficient in NetBackup tape management, including volume groups, pools, retention policies, vaulting and duplication.
- Need to be proficient in NetBackup policies and schedules. The ability to create policies, and work with defined schedules is a must.
- Ability to work independently and to work on call rotation is a must.
- Must thoroughly understand Netbackup either through command line or through the GUI.
- Must understand UNIX commands, and understand how to troubleshoot backup issues on both windows servers, and UNIX servers.
- Working knowledge of inline encryption.
- Fully understand Live Key Management from NetApp (LKM)
- Knowledge of Tidal or other scheduling software would be helpful.
- Ability to lift between 1lb and 25lb to manage tape containers and or tape boxes
- Must follow established company processes, including Change Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management processes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent
Time Warner Cable - 22 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...