Administrator, Construction Management-24503
The Transmission Civil Construction Department has a current opening for an Administrator, Cosntruction Management to join the team in Maple Grove, MN. In this position you will: perform a wide variety of administrative and managerial functions in support of the Transmission Civil Construction Dept. Handles details and assignments of a moderately complex nature within agreed upon limits using established guidelines and procedures for Transmission Field Operations. Administers contracts, manages invoicing and payments for construction services rendered initiated by the Manager or Construction Superintendent utilizing current Company monitoring systems to ensure contract compliance, contractor performance and timely invoice process flow. Works in conjunction with Transmission and Substation Engineering, Construction Management, and Strategic SC Sourcing to facilitate the successful development, execution, and evaluation of RFPs and maintenance of contracts. Tracks schedule and cost reporting for construction portion of projects.
This position will also assist in the control and flow of construction related documents i.e., work orders, purchase orders. This position will also assist the other supervisors and superintendent as required. With the growing workload it is imperative that the accuracy of our documents and compliance is current and accurate. This position will also be responsible for keeping track and charging of our fleet of 250 pieces of equipment. This position is needed as the workload and regulatory requirements continues to increase with a large volume of regional projects.
Administers contracts with Transmission Line and Substation contractors. Manages invoicing and payments for services rendered. Utilize current Company monitoring systems to ensure contract compliance, contractor performance and timely invoice process flow. Recommend contractor performance corrective action to management. Works in conjunction with Transmission and Substation Engineering, Construction Management, and Strategic SC Sourcing to facilitate the successful development, execution, and evaluation of RFPs and maintenance of contracts. Tracks schedule and cost reporting for construction portion of projects.
- Understand and monitor the contract requirements for conformance by Contractors to the contracts. Provides input to Strategic Sourcing for contract metrics and Contractor performance. Works jointly with Sourcing on Contractor scorecard reviews where appropriate. Provides analysis, benchmarking and corrective action recommendations to Company management and contractor leadership.
- Thoroughly understands and applies available company systems for monitoring contractor performance, cost analyses and productivity evaluation. Manage invoicing and payments for services rendered. Assess and effectively resolves complex issues related to contractor field and invoicing performance.
- Clearly communicates contract goals and performance expectations to contractors and company personnel. Identifies gaps in performance. Identifies opportunities for performance improvement. Establishes and enhances effective working relationships with business partners/contractors.
- Collaborate with inspectors and field personnel to ensure work performance, and charges accurately reflect invoiced amounts. Meet consistently with management and the contractor to review contractor performance. Support/facilitate capital project field progress meetings as applicable. Provide construction schedule and progress information to Project Controls and Project Managers and enter construction project status into PMOS.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management (6 years experience in construction or utility field may substitute for the degree)
- 5 years experience in construction or utility field/engineering processes (additional related education may substitute for some years of experience)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of company/industry policies, procedures and financial obligations that would apply to projects
Primary Location: MN-Maple Grove
- PassPort and Project Scheduling software experience
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Xcel Energy - 12 months ago
Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity to 3.4...