The incumbent in this position has administrative responsibility and accountability for the management and direction of the operational, personnel and financial activities of the Department of Neurosurgery - MedStar Montgomery Medical Center. Develops department policies and procedures. Participates in strategic planning related to budget development, financial forecasting and oversight of operational functions. Designs and develops financial and operational models for testing of strategies to reduce expense, increase operational efficiencies, improve productivity and maximize revenues. Prepares reports and presentations as required by the Chairman. Supervises staff and ensures compliance with all applicable Georgetown University Medical Center policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or directly related discipline is required.
- Minimum of five years related administrative and management experience, including at least three years in a healthcare setting, preferably in a large academic medical center.
- Must be familiar with Medicare and HCFA billing regulations, managed care contracting and accounting practices.
- Must possess knowledge of governmental healthcare fiscal regulations and reporting requirements, including Medicare, Medicaid, managed care and grants/contracts requirements.
- Must be capable of a high degree of initiative, judgement, discretion and self-directed decision making.
- Must be highly skilled in identifying and resolving problems and be able to appropriately delegate.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Manager, Management, Executive, MGMA, Medical Group Management Association, ACHE, American College of Healthcare Executives, Administrator, AMGA, American Medical Group Association, MBA, Master's, Business Administration, MHA, Healthcare Administration, Operations
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...