The Fleet Management Division of the Public Works Department has an opportunity for a professional administrator with fleet management experience to join our team.
The Fleet Management Division operates Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., and as needed on weekends and during snow events and declared emergency situations, to support the operational needs of the City. It's goal is to provide the highest quality service at a reasonable cost, while ensuring safety and reliability.
This position will supervise a unit of the Fleet Management Administrative section which includes the following functions:
· Budget Development
· Capital Replacement Requirements for all City Agencies (except Safety)
· Program and Project Management such as:
· Alternative Fuel Programs
· Zonar and DriveCam - vehicle/driver monitoring equipment
· Grant Management
· Fleet optimization Project
· Locking Fuel Prices
· Developing Benchmarks
· Developing Shop Rates, Parts Mark-up, Fuel Mark-up
· Developing Rates for vehicles/equipment
· Personnel Management (HR) liaison
· Policies and Procedures
· GRANT Management
· Develop rates for billing City Agencies
Review FMD organization to optimize productivity
· Training key replacement staff
· Provide benchmarking information to other cities, counties, professional associations
· Supervises a Fleet Administration Section (Management Analyst I and administrative support staff).
· FMD Liaison for projects and communications both internal and external
Experience Requirement: Three years of experience performing professional level technical and/or administrative duties within a large organization including budget or financial analysis, customer support, and project management with at least one year in a government operations environment.
Additional professional level experience may substitute for the educational requirement on a year for year basis. One year of professional experience equals one year of college education.
Licensure and/or Certification:
Requires valid driver's license at the time of application.
By position, completion of a Career Service Authority supervisory training course prior to completion of the probationary period.
The City and County of Denver values leadership that influences the commitment, ability and willingness of employees to provide quality service to the citizens of Denver.
Information provided on the application / resume is used to determine if a candidate meets minimum qualifications. Only information provided at the time of the application being completed will be considered, and additional information that is not listed on either the application or an attached resume may not be considered when deciding if a candidate meets or does not meet the qualifications. Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to include all information and details on their application and attached resumes.
Classification Title : Administrator I
Pay Grade : 810 A
Hiring Range : $56,685.00 - $73,000
Agency : Public Works
To Apply : please select the apply button at the top of this posting / visit www.denvergov.org/jobs
Testing : Supplemental Questions
Background Check/Drug Testing: Candidates must pass a criminal background check, 10 year employment verification and education verification. Additional checks such as credit and drug testing may be required.
Probationary Period : The successful candidate will be required to complete a minimum six month probationary period (benefits will be active during this time) prior to attaining Career Status with the City.
Recruiter : LCW
We offer a very competitive benefits package including:
No relocation assistance is available.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans (multiple programs)
- Paid Time Off (combined vacation/sick leave)
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement (Pension Plan & 457 Deferred Comp Plan)
- Flex Spending Account
- RTD EcoPass Discounts
- Life Insurance; Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Programs
- Wellness Center