POSITION OBJECTIVE: Manages and directs the daily operational activities of the ambulatory surgery center which includes, planning, organizing, and coordinating the clinical and administrative operations of the Surgery Center.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of Human Resources, which includes recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and retention of all surgery center employees.
- Directs and supervises Surgery Center personnel on a daily basis.
- In conjunction with the Medical Director, determines clinical goals and effectively manages resources to achieve established benchmarks.
- In conjunction with the Medical Director, is responsible for implementing and maintaining a quality improvement process.
- Responsible for and manages all facets of accounting, including maintenance of bank accounts, cash flow, accounts payable and receivable, an the preparation of accrual- based financial statements.
- Responsible for maintaining an adequate inventory of equipment and supplies to achieve best practice benchmarks.
- Responsible for compliance with regulatory agency guidelines.
- Develops methods and systems to collect statistical data for both business and clinical operations.
- Maintains a collegial and professional relationship with physicians and staff to ensure quality patient care and a positive work environment.
- Responsible for the maintenance of facility based computer systems relevant to operational functions of the Surgery Center.
- Ensures security of warehoused information according to regulatory standards.
- Manages along with the Director of Operations all third-party payer contracting with HI and/or client managed care representative.
- Fosters an environment that promotes staff growth and development by assessing the needs of the staff and creating and implementing programs to meet those needs.
- Ensures physician and staff adherence to Surgery Center policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between the Surgery Center, the community, and other local healthcare providers.
- Interprets and implements administrative policies established by Health Inventures and or the ASC Board of Directors.
- Responsible in collaboration with the Director of Operations, for leveraging and utilizing Health Inventures’ resources to proactively identify and meet the needs of the client.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with legal and regulatory issues i.e. AAAHC, Medicare and state department of health.
- Along with the Director of Operations, responsible for maintaining records of and communicating to the client the results of all projects where Health Inventures’ corporate was utilized.
- Performs other functions and projects as assigned by the Surgery Center Board of Directors and Health Inventures Corporate.
- Utilizes appropriately HI resources and documents this use to demonstrate value to the client.
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, develops, implements, and provides progress reports on a marketing plan for physician recruitment and retention.
- Collaborates with the Director of Operations to facilitate the development of a strategic plan with the Surgery Center Board of Directors.
- Represents and promotes HI’s role in the management of the surgery center.
- Actively participates in the surgery center board of directors meetings and provides information, guidance and operational summary reports as needed or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MHA, MBA, or MSN preferred
- Minimum of three years experience in an ambulatory healthcare setting
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience with a clinical background
Surgical Care Affiliates
- 2 years ago - save job