Florida Virtual School is changing the face of education.
Our student-centric approach means that every member of our team—no matter the position or job responsibilities—has the opportunity to positively impact the education of students in our program.
Every job here has a greater purpose and influence than those in traditional organizations.
We are proud of our team and to continue our mission in delivering high quality, technology-based education that provides the skills and knowledge students need for success in the 21
century, we look to hire only the best.
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Florida Virtual School (FLVS) is the leader in developing and providing virtual K-12 education solutions throughout the United States and the world.
FLVS offers more than 100 courses, including core subjects, world languages, electives, honors and Advanced Placement courses.
Enrollment is open to public, private, and home school students.
FLVS has over 1,300 staff members and serves over 90,000 active students.
Florida Virtual School’s total rewards package offers much more than just a pay check!
Exposure to cutting-edge technology development/application, world class business development initiatives and career advancement opportunities only add to our comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short and long term disability, educational assistance and paid time off.
Additionally, Florida Virtual School is a member of the Florida Retirement System offering employer-paid pension/investment retirement plans.
These benefits often add a value of several thousands of dollars to the total compensation package!
This is an entry level clerical position assisting members of the assigned department with various administrative and clerical duties such as but not limited to answering phones, scheduling travel, maintaining collateral, inputting database information, maintaining records, and contacting customers.
This position also provides support to other administrative personnel as needed. Performs related work as directed.
To view a detailed job description, please
High school diploma or GED required
year of clerical experience to include customer service, scheduling and administrative duties
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
(These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required.)
- Responds to inquiries and resolves problems concerning services within his/her area of responsibility.
- Keeps appropriate department level data and records current at all times.
- Provides a high level of customer service.
- Arranges and organizes meetings, interviews, evaluations, conference calls, travel, team training, and other planning needs.
- Creates finished documents from notes or outlines to include letters, memos, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Orders, maintains and distributes collateral.
- Assists in processing purchase orders.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrates respect for others.
- Holds all work related information in the strictest confidence. Any breach in confidentiality may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
- All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
Florida Virtual School - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -