Current State of Maine RN license
Minimum 1 year experience required
The Admission Nurse (RN) has accountability and responsibility for beginning the intake process when a decision has been made by the physician to admit a patient to MaineGeneral Medical Center. During the assigned shift, she/he will use all values and standards of MGH along with sound clinical decision making and assessment skills to greet and gather data from patients (and their families) that need admission to the medical center. Under the guidance of the Clinical Administrator, she/he will follow an efficient workflow in order to promote patient satisfaction, eliminate delays, and provide support to the inpatient units. She/he provides nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of practice as defined by the Maine State Board of Nursing. In addition abides by the principles of Relationship Based Care and the Clinical Practice Model Framework in order to achieve Patient- and Family-Centered Care as defined by MCMC. May be required to work cross-campus per floating policy.
- Must have either a current State of Maine Registered Nurse (RN) license or an RN license recognized by the Nurse Licensure Compact ( https://www.ncsbn.org/nlc.htm ). If RN licensure is from a compact state, must obtain a state of Maine RN license within 90 days of changing primary residency to Maine required.
- BLS certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Associate’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- 1 year of RN experience required.
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patient, families, visitors, healthcare team, Physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship.
- Ability to record activities, document assessments , plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status.
- Ability to use computer and learn software programs
- Able to document and communicate pertinent information using computer and/or paper documentation tools.
- Working knowledge appropriate JCAHO and other regulatory requirements
MaineGeneral Health's mission is to enhance, every day, the health of the people in the greater Kennebec Valley.