Skyline College Admissions Advisors are responsible for professionally representing the College, both on and off-campus, to prospective students, parents, and other individuals or organizations involved in the university selection process. Each employee is required to act in accordance with the policies and procedures set forth by the College.
- Plan, implement, and attend recruitment activities.
- Respond to inquiries and resolve enrollment questions from prospective students.
- Interview prospective students while providing a real understanding of what to expect as a Skyline College student.
- Review and evaluate admissions materials submitted by applicants in addition to assessment/test results for enrollment purposes after determining there is a match.
- Perform Admissions counseling regarding the admissions process and programs offered at the University primarily by in-person appointments, phone calls, and emails.
- Assist in the development and delivery of on-campus events and programs for groups and individuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does Skyline College have to offer?
Skyline College is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Professional work environment
- Student-centered focus
- Talented and committed co-workers
- Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Education : Associate’s degree with at least one year of admissions counseling and outreach experience or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience : 1-3 years of successful recruitment experience to include appointment setting, interviewing, and following-up skills. Experience coordinating programs and events. Recruiting agency or proprietary school admissions experience a plus.
Specific Skills :
- Ability to work evenings and some weekends
- Ability to present the College in a positive way to diverse populations through a strong, student-centered ethic
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, including public speaking skills
- Ability to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service to prospective and existing students
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Basic familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet and database software tools
Advanced Technology Institute - 10 months ago
Freshman Admissions Advisor
Skyline College Work Hours Some evening, Sat hours City Roanoke State Description ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Online, is a nationally ranked, regionally accredited, private institution of
- 30+ days ago
PROGRAM ADVISORS (BTT, LASS, STEM)
Virginia Western Community College
- 21 days ago