About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
This position is the first level within the Advisor job family. In this role, the incumbent will be trained by successfully completing an initial training and/or certification process. Under supervision, the Advisor is responsible for working with prospective students. The process includes all phases of the Admissions process from marketing the program with students to qualifying them for enrollment. Resolves most enrollment questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes certification process and associated training to develop broad Admissions knowledge
- Applies TEACH Values in the completion of all job assignments
- Networks and develops professional relationships to generate personally-developed inquiries
- Provides excellent customer service to students through application and enrollment process
- Screens potential student applicants by phone and sets campus interviews
- Assesses prospective students to ensure they have the potential, traits, characteristics and financial wherewithal to be enrolled through graduation
- Conducts personal interviews to qualify candidates and to explain academic programs
- Advises students in program selection, test counseling, registration, etc.
- Provides general customer service to students from enrollment through graduation
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities as well as DeVry Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Completes other project sand duties as assigned
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous admissions experience helpful but not required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to work within a team and be a team player
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...