TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
The Recruiting Services department is currently accepting applications for an Admissions Advisor. If you have excellent communication skills, love working with students, and work well under pressure then you are urged to apply to the following position.
Position Overview :
Admissions Advisor position supports and assists the Director of Recruiting Services through participating in the total academic student recruitment program which involves high school visits, campus tours, development of marketing techniques, and coordination of special events and programs. The Admissions Advisor will assist with the following functions:
Minimum Qualifications :
- Assist in developing, coordinating, and implementing procedures for recruiting prospective students.
- Assist in coordinating the academic recruitment program by including instructional personnel in campus tours and organizational visits.
- Visit high schools, organizations, agencies, etc., and attend conventions as part of the total student recruitment effort.
- Conduct campus tours, and participates in the planning and development of special events and programs.
- Coordinate with counselors, teachers, students, organizations, agencies, etc., seeking general campus or visitor information.
- Conduct effective student interviews.
- Make effective group presentations relative to the appeal and characteristics of a technical institution.
- Assist in mail-out of general or special informational materials to prospective students.
- Prepare reports on recruiting activities and accomplishments.
- Compile internal and external statistical reports on matters related to Enrollment Management. (Ex.-follow-up contacts and statistical report on no/show applicants.).
- Assist Staff Assistants in answering inquires via telephone, office visits, mail, etc.
- Represent TSTC at professional conferences and workshops.
- Coordinates group tours on Campus.
- 2 years related experience
- An Associate Degree from an accredited college
- Possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and be insurable for driving by the State of Texas
Texas State Technical College ( www.tstc.edu) consists of four technical colleges: TSTC Harlingen, TSTC Marshall, TSTC Waco and TSTC West...