Admissions Assistant I
Requisition Number: STFR000631
Division/College: Enrollment Management
FT/PT: Full Time
- Ensuring data accuracy of student admission files in multiple admissions databases. Be able to multitask and enter information between multiple databases including FolderWave, Degree Audit Reporting System ( DARS ) and the Admissions Intranet system in order to fully process and match all of the critical elements that make up applicants’ files.
- Primary back-up for Automatic Call Distributor ( ACD ) phone system when customer service representatives need assistance.
- Pre-evaluate applicants’ high school transcripts by re-calculating applicants’ grade point averages and entering grade point averages into admissions databases
- Determine if students need to be referred into special admissions committees
- Enter data from college transcripts, Advanced Placement scores, and International Baccalaureate scores into DARS
- Review students’ degree audits for accuracy from DARS and enter data into admissions databases
- Review the students’ application materials in admissions databases to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Enter SAT , ACT , and TOEFL scores into admissions databases
- Verify that applicants’ CEEB codes are accurate
- Provide exceptional customer service to applicants, parents, and guidance counselors regarding students’ application information and status
- Match received admissions application credentials and other documents with proper students’ admissions files
- Validate students’ application data in the admissions database
- Train workstudy students on proper data entry procedures for prospective students into admissions inquiry database
- Check workstudy students’ data entry accuracy
- Delegate clerical tasks and other admissions projects to workstudy students
- Sort incoming documents
- Process returned mail
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
- High school diploma required, Associate degree preferred; 1-3 years experience
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, the Internet and Microsoft Windows
- Experience working with tight deadlines
- Ability to manage several competing tasks at a time
- Must be able to communicate effectively via written and oral communication to guidance counselors, parents, students and various staff within the Northeastern University community.
- Must be able to effectively communicate issues or problems to immediate supervisor and managers
- A successful candidate will be a team player with a strong work ethic and someone who actively contributes to the office welfare in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency