The Admissions Coordinator supports all phases of the university admissions process for graduate programs.
- Provides a high level of personalized service to inquiries and applicants. Gathers information on graduate inquiries and inputs into databases for mailings and communications. Educates prospective graduate students regarding admission policies and procedures.
- Serves as the primary contact for developing relationships with prospective students, developing an inquiry pool and moving prospects through the admission processes and to enrollment through extensive personal contact.
- Greets visitors/guests/students in a courteous and professional manner; determines their needs and either provides the appropriate information or directs them to the appropriate person or department.
- Creates and maintains all graduate admissions files, facilitates admission processing for incoming and returning students.
- Updates all student information in the appropriate office databases.
- Sends appropriate letters to applicants in order to collect necessary information for an admission decision to be made.
- Continuously reviews open files to facilitate completion.
- Follow-up contacts to all newly admitted and re-entry students who do not enroll.
- Enters appropriate student information into corresponding database as needed for all phone, email, and person to person communication with prospective students.
- Communicates status of admissions process to students. Works closely with the graduate program staff concerning the status of applicant files (both open and complete).
- Appropriately logs all incoming transcripts in the student tracking system.
- Calculates GPA’s on all applicant files and prepares the file to be presented for admissions consideration.
- Prepares and distributes various statistical reports on inquiries and applicants to program staff on a scheduled basis.
- Reviews content of graduate admissions web pages; updates to assure information reflects current marketing message, policies and practices, makes recommendations for revisions to ensure accuracy and optimal delivery of information.
- Communicates with principals in the Registrar’s office, the Admissions office, the Student Affairs office, and the Financial Services office regarding student issues.
- Maintains working knowledge of international student admission requirements, coordinates with the International Student Services office to facilitate issuing of student visas.
- Creates graduate admissions funnel and distributes to program administration.
- Responsible for Banner data entry to ensure student eligibility for registration.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of all graduate admission databases and student files, including control of duplicate records.
- Update website periodically.
- Assist the Director with various marketing and recruiting events such as information receptions, trade shows and education fairs. This may involve occasional evening or weekend commitments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
OFFICE HOURS : Monday- Friday: 8:00-5:00, some evenings and weekends required
Houston Baptist University - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard