Admissions Counselo r -Full-time position available early June in the Admissions Office. The Admissions Counselor will be responsible to facilitate the recruitment and enrollment of new students within an assigned territory in accordance with the overall enrollment management goals and mission of Asbury University.
• Achieve and exceed established goals for activities, applications, admissions, deposits and enrollees for an assigned geographical territory within the guidelines of Asbury University’s enrollment management plan.
• Establish and develop relationships with prospective students and families by providing positive counsel concerning the educational programs and facilities at Asbury University through personal visits and interviews, phone calls, and correspondence
• Represent Asbury University at University fairs, Christian and public high schools, community universities, churches, conferences and other events. Travel requirements vary by territory, ranging from four-seven weeks in the fall and two-four weeks in the spring.
• Build and maintain relationships with guidance counselors, pastors, alumni and key influencers in the assigned territory.
• Review completed applicant files and make admission decisions consistent with the University’s admission standards.
• Maintain overall leadership and responsibility for an assigned program area.
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and Preferred Experience : Bachelor’s degree and a maturing Christian faith consistent with the mission of Asbury University are required. Candidates must have high level of self-motivation and energy, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and have proficiency in both verbal and written communication. This position requires extensive day and overnight travel and some weekend hours.
To apply, please submit signed employment application and resume to the Human Resources office.
Posted: 4/22/2013 Deadline: Until filled
Asbury University - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard