You’re the type of person who walks in a room and immediately starts talking to everyone you don’t know. You’re also the type of person who asks “Why” when you hear the word “No.” You are the “I can” person in a room full of “I can’ts.” You’re wired to be the best…in everything…at all times. If this describes you then we need to hear from you…like today.
At Ashford University, our Admissions Counselors guide prospective and current students through one of the most important decisions they will ever make…the decision to earn their degree. You will use your already fine-tuned critical thinking skills to help students overcome a myriad of obstacles and open the door to endless possibilities. In addition you will be working in a high energy, fast paced environment where you will be challenged by your peers and managers to push yourself to new heights, and all of this in one of the fastest growing industries over the last decade!
Ashford University defines the modern college experience. We are defining the new normal and we need people like you to help us achieve that.
Essential Job Duties:
• Identifying and Qualifying Prospective Students.
• Maximize opportunities with potential students with regard to outbound telephone calls with the intent to qualify prospective students regarding the admissions process and program offerings consistent with the University’s academic catalogs and/or University websites. Counselors should be prepared to make as many as 250 phone calls in a day.
• Must have the ability to meet the needs of a diverse student population in order to ensure an overall positive back-to-school experience.
• Student Progression/Servicing Existing Students/Administrative Time.
• Follow up with current students through the completion of their first course to ensure student support and success.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Regular, reliable attendance which adheres to assigned work schedule including proper log in/log out for time recording, and meal and rest periods.
• Responsible for adhering to a well-structured work day.
• Proactively partner with various Student Facing Departments to ensure student success.
• 1 year of relevant experience and a minimum of 30 college credits from a regionally accredited institution.
• Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; other systems knowledge required.
• Writing and Communication Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Relatable CRM experience.
• A minimum of 30 college credits is required.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
If a degree is required for the position, completed
degrees must be conferred by a regionally accredited or approved nationally
accredited institution. All candidates must provide proof of education (official transcripts) upon request.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes
certain campus safety policies and statistics on reportable crimes and
incidents that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings, and on
public property immediately adjacent to campus or accessible from campus for
three previous years. The policies include campus security policies,
crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and sexual assault, among
others. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...