Would your friends describe you as a mentor? Do you find yourself being asked to give advice and naturally encourage others towards their goals? If so, the Admissions Counselor position may be the ideal career for you!
Our Admissions Department is looking for a talented and student-centered Admissions Counselor who will work with students from their initial inquiry through the start of their degree program. Admissions Counselors are Ambassadors of Education. They have an unwavering belief in the transforming power of education and demonstrate this passion through assisting students. Successful Admissions Counselors are resilient problem solvers. They use their positive attitudes to develop relationships with their students (co-workers too!) and to provide an incredible student experience through what otherwise may be a daunting process. Admissions Counselors are agile and efficient with the use of their time and quite comfortable in a fast-paced, telephone-based environment.
The Admissions Counselor position is a full time employment opportunity located in one of the following locations:
• San Diego, California
• Denver, Colorado
• Clinton, Iowa
• Some off-site locations in Arizona
This position will create and maintain effective relationships with prospective students to ensure qualified students are enrolled and set up for success at Ashford University. Reporting to an Admissions Manager, the Admissions Counselor position is one of the first points of contact with prospective students. The nature of this role is to work closely with students in order to appropriately advise them on degree programs and requirements, while continuing to follow up and encourage them through the first course.
Essential Job Duties:
• Identifying and Qualifying Prospective Students (70%)
• Represent the AU Brand in a professional manner and carry the sense of AU’s mission through each interaction
• Maximize opportunities with potential students with regard to outbound telephone calls with the intent to qualify prospective students regarding the admissions process and program offerings consistent with the University’s academic catalogs and/or University websites
• Develop and adhere to an effective call strategy that includes communicating effective messages to potential students either through oral or written communications. This call strategy may be long term based on student circumstances and needs
• Schedule and conduct admissions interviews
• Identify and address concerns of prospective students
• Must have the ability to meet the needs of a diverse student population in order to ensure an overall positive back-to-school experience
• Student Progression/Servicing Existing Students/Administrative Time (20%)
• Follow up with current students through the completion of their first course to ensure student support and success
• Develop and implement a strategy for successful student progression
• Training/Professional Development (10%)
• We are a learning organization – that being said, we expect you to participate in various professional development/career path opportunities in order to bring ‘your best self’ to work daily
• Participate and successfully complete all required company and University training
Additional Essential Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Regular, reliable attendance which adheres to assigned work schedule including proper log in/log out for time recording, and adherence to meal and rest periods
• Responsible for adhering to a well structured work day
• Proactively partner with various Student Facing Departments to ensure student success
• Ability to work closely with managers and/or peers in a team environment
• Ability to accept and implement coaching and feedback
• Adherence to all company and university policies. Comply with state and federal laws. Upholds the company and University compliance standards
• Ability to access company and University resources in order to maintain up to date knowledge about programs and process
• Communicate (oral and written communications) professionally with internal and/or external customers only utilizing approved University templates
• Maintain attention to detail with respect to enrollment process
• Maintain accurate and timely notes in student population management tools
• Create a student experience that generates excitement about our programs such that students want to share their enthusiasm with others
• Other duties consistent with this position as assigned
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• 1 year of relevant experience and a minimum of 30 college credits from a regionally accredited institution
• Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; other systems knowledge required
• Writing and Communication Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrate high level attention to detail to ensure accuracy of student documents
• Ability to adapt in a changing environment
• A minimum of 30 college credits from a regionally accredited institution; all candidates must provide proof of higher education (transcripts) upon request
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 14 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...