Responsible for specific recruitment and enrollment results of a particular geographic territory. The Counselor will balance his/her efforts between individual entrepreneurship and support of the admissions team. Each Counselor will have supplemental responsibilities which contribute to the success of the office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Propose, develop, and participate in the most cost effective recruitment activities for your territory.
- Make decisions concerning the admission of students in certain grade and score ranges.
- Participate in a collective planning effort for the overall admissions recruitment effort.
- Attend College Day and Night programs and do high school and community college visits for the purpose of recruiting students to HBU.
- Assist with special events, group tours, registrations, and other activities.
- Be familiar with student financial aid system and documents; have a general understanding of all areas of university life, including/but not limited to: academic programs, athletics, housing and student affairs, scholarships, and the spiritual life program.
- When appropriate, conduct church and home visits.
- Assist with walk-in traffic and incoming phone calls.
- Enter updates and comments on inquiries and applicants in appropriate data-bases.
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Student Worker (Optional) and Husky Ambassadors for assigned Counselor(s).
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Licenses, Certificates, Registrations: None
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with internal and external customers; shows consideration of others, listens effectively, establishes and maintains relationships, is a self-starter, adaptable, and a creative thinker.
- Ability to learn and use specific business software and hardware.
- Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., copiers, fax machines, etc.)
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 25 lbs. – occasionally
- Ability to sit – frequently
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time – occasionally
- Ability to walk reasonable distances – occasionally
- Ability to bend or stoop – occasionally
- Ability to climb or reach overhead – occasionally
- Ability to communicate via speech, hearing and sight – frequently
- Ability to drive a car – occasionally.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- There is considerable amount of travel required of this position.
Houston Baptist University - 16 months ago