Reports to the manager, outreach and admissions. Responsible for recruiting and screening student candidates for enrollment and providing liaison and other recruitment agencies utilized by the region, in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training (MTC) directives.
1. Conduct outreach activities, including public speaking; develop linkages with referral sources such as human services agencies, recreation centers, youth organizations and churches; contacting potential enrollees to explore enrollment.
2. Maintain monthly goals established by management to include prospecting, processing, and closing rations.
3. Prepare media advertising including radio, want ads in daily newspapers and weekly circulars, articles in newspapers, videos and literature distribution.
4. Interview interested candidates and obtain pertinent information to determine eligibility and suitability for the program.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
6. Prepare applications on potential students and review with DOL Regional Office and the center as applicable.
7. Coordinate transportation services for new enrollees.
8. Arrange for per-enrollment seminars and tours.
9. Assist in community relations activities.
10. Assist the center in retention efforts to achieve outreach commitment goals; monitor progress of students recruited and provide supportive services, as needed.
11. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and to other center customers.
12. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
13. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
14. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
15. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that he incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Gary Job Corps is a Equal Opportunity Employer
Bachelor's degree or 2 years experience working with youth. One year in sales, marketing or counseling related services. Excellent written and verbal communication and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record is needed
Management & Training Corporation - 7 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...