Are you passionate about helping others achieve their educational and professional goals? Do you enjoy a fast-pace work environment focused on innovation and enhancing the futures of others? Would you like to develop yourself professionally while enhancing the future of others? Are you looking to change your life and the lives of others? If you are, then the Admissions Counselor role might be right up your alley!
The Admissions Counselor is a full-time, non-exempt position located in Denver, Colorado. This position is responsible for recruiting and enrolling online students for graduate degree programs. Daily tasks include making outbound phone calls to prospective and current students who have expressed interest or are enrolled in University of the Rockies’ degree programs. The Admissions Counselor must possess a sincere passion for changing lives and an eagerness to help others achieve lifelong goals while supporting the mission of the University.
Essential Job Duties:
• Training/Professional Development (10%)
• Participates in personal development opportunities and requirements including educational programs for employees.
• Participate and successfully complete all required company and University training.
• Identifying and Qualifying prospective students (70%)
• Maximize opportunities with potential students with regard to outbound telephone calls with intent to qualify and counsel students on the admissions process
• Develop and adhere to an effective call strategy that includes communicating effective messages to potential students either through oral or written communications.
• Create a daily strategic plan of activities including database management, effective call strategy and personal goal setting that will help prospective students through the enrollment process.
• Counsel prospective students on the admissions process and opportunities available at University of the Rockies including accurately conveying course and program information, including advising students with respect to admissions requirements, processes and degree options. Advisement must at all times be consistent with the academic catalogs and/or university websites.
• Schedule and conduct admissions interviews.
• Identify and address concerns of prospective students.
• Must have the ability to meet the needs of a diverse student population.
• Student Progression/Servicing Existing Students/Administrative Time (20%)
• Maintain sufficient contact with students to ensure student progression and support.
Follow-up with current students through the completion of their first course to ensure student support and success
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Regular, reliable attendance which adheres to assigned work schedule including proper log in/log out for time recording, and meal and rest periods
• Responsible for adhering to a well structured work day
• Adheres to all company and Universities policies. Comply with state and federal laws. Upholds the company compliance standards
• Ability to work closely with managers and/or peers in a team environment
• Ability to accept and implement coaching and feedback
• Maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in every interaction with students and/or fellow employees
• Ability to access company and University resources in order to maintain up to date knowledge about programs and process
• Communicate (oral and written communications) professionally with internal and/or external customers only utilizing approved University templates
• Maintain attention to detail with respect to enrollment process
• Maintain accurate and timely notes in student population management tools
• Create a student experience that generates excitement about our programs such that students want to share his/her enthusiasm with others
• Other duties consistent with this position as assigned
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Prior management experience
• Knowledge of inquiry/application database (REAP)
• Bachelor’s Degree required and all candidates must provide proof of higher education (transcripts) upon request
: This opportunity of employment will require
a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a
criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification
of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional
reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify.
To learn more please visit
Physical Demands: While performing
the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms
and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer
keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is
frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to
interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
Communication Skills: While performing Duties
of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions,
correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective
and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in
one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing
duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated
with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee
will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work
situations, grasp and apply new ideas,
communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to
apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing
duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment,
and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.
University of the Rockies provides high-quality, accessible learning opportunities globally for diverse groups of individuals seeking...