Title : Admissions Data Coordinator
Office : NCR
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Year Up NCR is seeking an Admissions Data Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Enrollment, this position is designed to provide outreach and administrative support to the NCR Admissions Team and prospective Year Up associates. This position will also support the Innovative Strategies for Increasing Self-Sufficiency (ISIS) study, which is a federally funded study evaluating promising strategies for helping low-income individuals and families become economically self-sufficient.
Admissions and Data Coordination
- Provide routine advice, guidance and assistance to potential candidates on matters related to the application policies, procedures and documentation regarding the admissions process
- Provide basic information to requesting persons on available cohorts and eligibility requirements in person, via phone and via email
- Return calls and emails regarding interest in the program and invite interested parties to upcoming Open Houses, providing them with a list of appropriate event dates and times
- Support the facilitation of Open Houses through set up of space, document set up, fielding questions from attendees, and collecting documents from applicants
- Provide outreach via phone and email to remind open prospects of upcoming group interviews, individual interviews, and enrollment activities
- Support documentation intake process- including making photocopies, ensuring quality control for incoming documents and completed applications
- Assist in scheduling of interviews for applicants with Admissions team members
- Input applicant data into Salesforce.com, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and ISIS database, as needed
- Provide support for special projects as needed
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- 1-3 years’ experience in the workforce
- 1-3 years’ experience in similar role, including customer service and data entry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to facilitate presentations and engage in conversations (both in person and via telephone) with prospective applicants and referral resources
- High attention to detail and ability to navigate databases, including Salesforce.com and Microsoft Excel
- Associate's degree preferred
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
Founded in 2000, Year Up is a non-profit organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing urban young adults with the skills, experiences and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Year Up recognizes that the Opportunity Divide—specifically, historical barriers to education and professional work—is driven by race, ethnicity, national origin and socio-economic status. Year Up seeks to close the Divide by setting high expectations and providing high support for our young adults.
Through a one-year intensive training program, Year Up provides urban young adults ages 18-24 with a unique combination of hands-on technical and professional skills, college credit, and corporate internships. Year Up lives by and adheres to a core set of values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young adults. With an annual operating budget of over $50 million, Year Up will serve over 1,700 students in 2013 across ten sites nationwide: Atlanta, Boston, Bay Area (San Francisco), New York, Providence, Puget Sound (Seattle), National Capital Region (Washington DC) and Chicago, with Year Up Professional Training Corps (PTC) sites located in Miami and Baltimore.
Year Up has the distinction of being rated one of the Top 10 non-profits in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, one of the 50 best nonprofits to work for by the NonProfit Times, and one of the best non-profits to work for by Opportunity Knocks. Other awards include Fast Company Magazine’s Social Capitalist Award for innovative business model and social impact in 2005, 2007, and 2008. In 2009, the Harvard Business School published a case study on Year Up’s origins and success.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our Careers website.
Year Up - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -