Danvers based Hospice of the North Shore & Greater Boston is the leading not-for-profit hospice in Massachusetts. We're dedicated to enriching quality of life by providing expert care, support, education and consultation for those affected by life limiting illness, death and loss. With services that include hospice and palliative care, the Kaplan Family Hospice House, the Bertolon Center for Grief & Healing, and the support of over 400 volunteers, we provide a continuum of care that is unmatched in Massachusetts. With over 30 years of experience and a 21% growth rate in the past year, our low employee turnover, incredible job stability and an employee focused philosophy make us one of the most highly rated hospices in the state.
Admissions Liaison RN
FT, Mon-Fri, 10am-6:30pm
Baylor, Sat & Sun, 8a-8:30p (24 hrs paid and benefitted at 32 hrs)
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Liaison Nurse is responsible for patient assessments and admissions to HNS, ensuring continuity of care between the admitting process and transition to ongoing care by the hospice interdisciplinary team (IDT). In addition, the Admissions/Liaison Nurse is responsible for educating health care professionals, patients, and families in all settings regarding the benefits/appropriateness of hospice care. The Admissions/Liaison Nurse is responsible for being proactive in identifying new referral sources, increasing referrals from existing sources, and providing educational programs to facilities. The Admissions/Liaison nurse maintains good communication with HNS clinical staff in order to enhance hospice services, and facilitates communication between HNS and referral sources. Will be responsible for a major North Shore Medical Institution plus travel in the North Shore, as needed.
- Current MA RN license in good standing.Minimum of three years of varied work experience as a professional nurse, preferably one of those years in an acute setting.
- Hospice nursing experience is highly desirable.
- One year additional work experience as a professional nurse in a homecare, hospital or skilled nursing facility with strong clinical assessment skills related to admission to or change in service.
- Must provide proof of current CPR.
- Must obtain and maintain certification for your position as defined in the HNSGB's Operation Policy: Clinician Certification.
- Demonstrated understanding of Medicare/Medicaid benefit as it relates to all facilities settings.
- Experience in the use of electronic medical record preferred.
- Strong verbal and written, communication skills with patients, caretakers and providers.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
For consideration, please register online at http://jobs.hns.org.
Hospice of the North Shore & Greater Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer