Are you passionate about developing others and providing them the tools and support they need to succeed? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and enhancing the futures of others? Then this could be the career opportunity you have been looking for!
The Admissions Manager position is a full-time position. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for supervising and managing a team of Admissions Counselors. The Admissions Manager will assume all reasonable decision making authority to advance the progression, development, and management of their Admissions team. This individual must possess a sincere passion for changing lives and an eagerness to help others achieve lifelong goals. The Admissions Manager will follow all policies and procedures as set forth by the University.
Essential Job Duties:
Communication – (33%)
• Motivate Admissions Counselors to achieve competencies and develop skill sets to provide a high level of student service
• Maintain consistency in the admissions process: contacting students, phone screen, interview, enrollment, orientations, and persistence
Coaching and Development – (33%)
• Coach and manage a team that is focused on student service
• Ensure that the individuals on your team provide accurate advisement to prospective students.
• Advisement must at all times be consistent with the academic catalogs, materials disseminated by the University and/or university websites
• Prepare and deliver corrective action in a timely manner as needed to the individuals you supervise
• Conduct annual and quarterly progress reports for Admissions Counselors consistent with the University’s evaluation processes and expectations
Operational Management – (33%)
• Ensure that your actions and those on your team are in compliance with all company policies and procedures, Federal, State, and Local regulations, and Department of Education policies, related to the recruitment of students
• Ensure that the individuals on your team complete all required training in a timely manner. Effectively manage resources as provided by the University
• Manage and ensure that the timekeeping requirements for individuals on your team are accurate and timely completed
• Ensure that the individuals on your team take appropriate meal and rest periods
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Work with Admissions Counselors on prospective student issues, ensuring students are properly advised prior to their start date
• Coordinate a partnership with Student Inquiry, Student Services, Financial Services, and other internal departments to improve students’ success rate
• Perform other duties as assigned
Core Competencies: Admissions Leadership Key Behaviors
• Communicating Effectively: Imparts knowledge and information to others to help them perform their duties. Promotes open participation and communication within department and throughout the organization. Shares pertinent information with all members of the team in a effective and timely manner.
• Organizing & Priority Setting: Develops plans to achieve objectives. Utilizes a "to do" list, calendar, and/or some type of planning tool effectively.
• Job Knowledge: Works with others and coaches team to develop their capabilities. Actively imparts knowledge, skill and ability to team to produce positive results. Remains up to date on all university-wide changes and communicate changes to staff.
• Drives for Results: Focuses on the desired results for unit's work. Sets challenging goals for self and unit. Focuses effort on the successful attainment of goals.
• Human Capital Management: Consistently monitors EA progress and develops effective action plans. Gives and seeks feedback to increase the productivity. Acts ethically and cultivates a culture of compliance with all policies, procedures and laws within unit.
• Emotional Intelligence: Adapts to other people's behavior style in order to achieve the desired goals of the team. Resolves conflict in positive ways. Maintains and enhances the self-esteem of others by treating them with dignity and respect. Recognizes strengths and limitations of self and others.
• Resilience: Copes successfully with unexpected events, remains confident and positive despite setbacks. Handles several assignments simultaneously. Resolves conflicting priorities and accomplishes work effectively.
• Accountability: Assumes ownership for getting the job done morally, correctly and effectively. Actively seeks solutions to problems before being asked or directed. Initiates self-development efforts. Assumes responsibility for the actions and decisions of staff.
• Demonstrated ability to coach and manage employees to achieve organizational objectives
• Excellent leadership and team building skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively as a member of the team and work collaboratively with other departments
• Thrive in an environment where there are multiple priorities and changing assignments
• Building rapport through effective communication to develop relationships
• Expertise in MS Office Applications and other internal systems
• Prior management experience
• Knowledge of inquiry/application database (REAP), CampusVue, and Talisma
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally approved accredited institution is required and all candidates must provide proof of higher education (transcripts) upon request. Masters degree is preferred
If a degree is required for the position, completed
degrees must be conferred by a regionally accredited or approved nationally
accredited institution. All candidates must provide proof of education (official transcripts) upon request.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes
certain campus safety policies and statistics on reportable crimes and
incidents that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings, and on
public property immediately adjacent to campus or accessible from campus for
three previous years. The policies include campus security policies,
crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and sexual assault, among
others. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 30+ days ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...