Throughout its history, Mercy College has remained dedicated to its mission-to make available the transformational power of a college education. Mercy's commitment to quality, student support, and innovation, remains as strong today as ever. Mercy College is an independent, nonsectarian New York metropolitan area institution offering over 90 undergraduate and graduate programs. The College has an enrollment of more than 10,000 students from diverse backgrounds, across four campuses-Dobbs Ferry, Bronx, Manhattan, and Yorktown-plus a vibrant online learning community.
Mercy College is inviting applicants to apply for the position of Admissions Recruiter.
This position is responsible for developing relationships with high school guidance counselors, college transfer counselors, and corporate/community organizations. The recruiters will generate inquiries from prospective students that convert to enrolled students. Assigns Campus Management staff to specific schools/college and supervises their activities in recruitment fairs, events, and presentations at schools, colleges, and organizations. S/he will train and supervise Campus Management staff in organizing and implementing visits to the College from prospective students.
Education Required or Min Education Required:
Master's degree preferred. Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college required.
Experience and/or Skills Required:
- Minimum one to three years of relevant experience in higher education
- Demonstrated ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, written and oral communication, problem-solving, strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, RS6000, Banner and the Internet required.
- Demonstrated evidence of detail orientation, customer service orientations, ability to work independently, and great levels of responsibility required.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to travel between locations required.
- Ability to read, write, speak English fluently and clearly.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Electronic applications are required and must include a cover letter and resume. Please submit the above documentation online at https://jobs.mercy.edu
Mercy College actively engages in recruiting a diverse workforce and student body that includes members of historically underrepresented groups, and strives to build and sustain a welcoming and supportive campus community.
Mercy College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.