The University of Miami is committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship, intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!
The School of Business Administration is seeking an Admissions Service Representative to work with the Director of Recruiting and Admissions for Graduate Business Programs in engaging, recruiting and admitting students to all Graduate Business Programs including the Full-Time, Executive, Working Professional, MSPM MBA Programs by supporting the mission and goals of the School of Business Administration and by incorporating strategic, creative, and innovative thinking.
Essential duties include (but are not limited to):
• Assists in the daily operations of the office and coordinates tasks associated with processing graduate business applications, which includes supervising the maintenance of 1,000+ applications yearly.
• Processes student applications and performs all related data entry and communicates with students regarding missing documentation.
• Generates letters of Admission, Graduate Assistance Conditions, Brochure Enclosure, Statement of Financial Responsibility, Application Follow-up, Campus Visitation, and STOP, and others as required.
• Answers calls, responds to and initiates emails, and assists walk-ins with information regarding program procedures, requirements and status.
• Makes follow-up calls and generates emails to prospective students and cross-references unknown files in order to complete applicant files that are pending information.
• Utilizes relevant departmental databases to input and extract information.
• Perform transcripts analysis and recalculation of undergraduate GPA by using standardized method.
• Interacts with International Admissions office regarding evaluation of international credentials of foreign students and student visas.
• Updates yearly estimated tuition expense sheets for international students.
• Regularly works with the mail shop on direct mail projects and prepares shipping materials for recruiting efforts.
• Assists with recruiting activities including the monthly Campus Visit Program.
• Participates as a team member working collaboratively with Graduate Business Programs staff and faculty.
• Works regularly with confidential records.
• Performs other administrative and clerical duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma and at least 2 years of experience with graduate degree programs admissions processes required. Weekend and after hours may be required.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The state of Florida has affection for at least one type of Hurricane. The University of Miami (UM), whose Hurricane sports teams are...