Reviews admission applications to ensure academic program requirements are met, as designated by the program offices. The evening shift hours are 12:00 noon-8:30 p.m.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Reviews admissions application files for completion to ensure program requirements are met.
2. Contacts applicants regarding admissions documents and statuses to ensure completion of application process for prospective students.
3. Responds to inquiries and provides counseling, either by phone or email, from prospective students regarding the admissions process.
4. Utilizes admissions management services system to record and update applicant status.
5. Adheres to regulations, policies, and procedures.
6. Provides administrative assistance to the AMS Supervisor.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions:
1. Travels to off-campus meeting sites for instructional workshops.
2. Assists senior management with special projects.
3. Assists EPS Specialists during peak periods.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent communications skills.
2. Excellent customer service skills.
3. Ability to work independently.
4. Excellent office management skills, including computer literacy.
5. Ability to work as a member of a team.
6. Ability to meet deadlines.
7. Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
8. Ability to pay close attention to detail.
9. Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
10. Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions.
11. Knowledge and understanding of the university environment.
12. Ability to effectively communicate knowledge.
13. Ability to maintain confidential information.
14. Ability to work evenings and weekends, if required.
15. Working knowledge of Microsoft Window-based environment, using various software packages (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Major (if required):
1. Two (2) years of customer service experience.
2. One (1) year of clerical experience.
3. Must be able to work the late day shift.
1. Proficiency in the Spanish language, including speaking, writing, and reading Spanish.
2. Previous receptionist experience in an academic institution.
3. Knowledge of Banner.
4. Minimum of two (2) years of clerical experience.
Is this a safety sensitive position (are applicants potentially subject to drug testing)?
Does this position require a criminal background screening?
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator,...