The California School of Professional Psychology is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our dynamic team of CSPP recruitment and admissions coordinators in California, to be responsible for all recruitment and admissions efforts for the Couple and Family Therapy graduate programs at our San Diego and Irvine (Orange County) campuses. The individual in this position will maintain regular office hours at both campuses each week, in addition to recruitment responsibilities in both regions for all CSPP graduate programs. Graduate recruitment and admissions work is as intense as it is gratifying, and we are looking for someone who will make a meaningful contribution to our team and bring in a qualified pool of students to our graduate programs.
Counseling and Recruitment
• Provide counseling and overall customer service to prospective students at all stages in the admissions process via telephone, e-mail and campus visits.
• Maintain ongoing communication with applicants throughout the admissions process, tracking all communications using the CRM tools.
• Coordinate monthly Open Houses with faculty and/or student presenters.
• Attend Grad Fairs, Conventions and Conferences.
• Contact annually Psi Chi Clubs and/or other undergraduate school based organizations to offer presentations.
• Create an annual directory of current student contacts and classes open for visitors, to be shared with prospective students.
• Network w/ other recruiters for professional development.
Admissions Process Management
• Receive and process admissions applications from the university's Application Processing Center.
• Coordinate reading and interview processes and schedules with faculty and/or program directors.
• Invite and host admissions finalists for interview.
• Prepare acceptance agreement packets, coordinating with other departments, administrators and faculty.
• Manage and monitor deferred enrollments and wait-listed applicants.
• Distribute admissions statistic reports and lists to faculty and/or program directors.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions, CSPP.
BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. MA/MS degree in counseling or higher education preferred.
Technical: Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, SalesForce or similar customer relations management system, and experience with integrated business software systems in higher education, including relational databases.
Individual must possess superior interpersonal oral and written communication skills. Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse background. Proven ability to work effectively as a team player; highly motivated, focused and results oriented. Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality at all times. Ability to relate well to both prospective and continuing students, as well as faculty, administration and staff. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to follow through and pay close attention to detail.Ability to maintain composure under high stress conditions. Must possess the skills to prioritize a wide variety of assignments and perform numerous tasks in a fast-paced service oriented campus environment. Demonstrated experience working independently, exercising professional judgment, and taking initiative is critical.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Alliant International University - 2 years ago