As an Admitting Clerk, you will interview incoming patients/representatives to obtain identifying information and other data required for admission. Further, you will perform a variety of clerical duties.
- Interviews patients/designee and obtains all relevant demographics, insurance information and required signatures.
- Enters all pre-admission and admission information into Hospital Information System and verifies accuracy.
- Collects point of service payments, as required.
- Explains hospital regulations to patient/designee and answers questions concerning hospitalization.
- Performs chart processing and reconciliation. Assures completed chart accompanies patient to floor upon admission.
- Directs or assists patients and/or visitors to appropriate department or assigned room, as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior customer service experience, required.
- Data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational skills, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System - 10 months ago
This hospital system has a scope that stretches long beyond Long Island. North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System (NS-LIJ) operates 16...