Process patient information. Admission of inpatients, outpatients and Preadmission.
Insure patients are admitted accurately and timely.
BASIC SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must communicate effectively
2. Must maintain good relationship with physicians and employees
3. Must be able to demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary
to perform job which includes a working knowledge and understanding of insurance
benefits and pre-cert requirements and medical terminology.
4. Ability to read and communicate insurance benefits with patients and be able to collect
the patient’s responsibility of their amount due.
5. Prompt, efficient, and accurate handling of admission.
6. Ability to see, hear, use the telephone, calculator, fax machine copier and printer
able to type.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
1. Occasionally exposed to patient elements.
2. Subject to varying and unpredictable situation.
3. Occasionally subject to shift change or irregular hours.
4. Frequent prolonged sitting/standing.
5. Occasional physical efforts to lift or carry up to 25 pounds or push patient in wheel chair.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE, ETC., REQUIRED :
High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
Admissions and insurance experience required .
River Oaks Hospital - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
William Schoen, chairman of Health Management Associates (HMA), once described his company as the "Wal-Mart of the hospital...