The primary responsibility of this role is to determine, communicate and coordinate bed assignments for all patients of the Medical Center who are at inpatient, observation or outpatient-in-a-bed level of care. Coordinates physician orders using Bed Management Dashboard and helps to assure accurate patient status assignment, Works closely with the Patient Access Administrator from Nursing to facilitate prompt and accurate placement that best meets the patient’s needs. Is the primary contact with physician offices around bed requests and status. Daily supervision is provided by the Admitting & ED Supervisor for all Patient Access systems, revenue cycle procedures, corrections and recoveries.
Other Special Skills – Preferred
- Certified Patient Account Technician (CPAT) preferred
- Certified Clinical Account Technician (CCAT) preferred
- CPC or other coding certification preferred
- Associate’s Degree in Business or Medical field, strongly preferred
- 5 years or more – customer service, medical billing, physician office experience, scheduling, registration or other related revenue cycle experience in a hospital setting or physician office setting, preferred. 3 years of related experience required
- Excellent and demonstrated customer service and communication skills
- Understanding of procedural processes as they relate to the overall Revenue Cycle processes including scheduling, registration, charge capture, insurance verification and medical necessity, documentation, coding, billing, claims preparation, claims submission, collection, follow up and denials management
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume, complex environment using multiple computer based systems.
- Effective communication skills including written and verbal skills; negotiation and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a workteam
- Excellent, detail-oriented mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Medical Terminology: Strong medical terminology as it relates to and supports clinical practices, ICD-9/10, CPT/HCPC coding and DRG codes preferred
MaineGeneral Health - 17 months ago