April 24, 2013
Bilingual Adolescent and Family Counselor/Therapist II
40 hours per week, Full Benefits
Residential Alcohol & Drug
RAD provides innovative treatment in a secure facility (Multnomah County Juvenile Justice Center) to help youth resolve issues around substance abuse.
- Working with primarily Latino Populations
- Bilingual in Spanish/English Required
- Come Join the Latino Services Provider Group
When Applying Please Reference Job Code AFC-B-676
Please Follow Application Procedures
The Adolescent and Family Counselor II position is responsible for maintaining co-occurring disorder client caseload and providing family therapy per program policies and guidelines while utilizing best practices in alcohol and drug treatment and mental health services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in related field required.
- CADC application required within 3 months of employment and licensing required within two years of employment.
- Experience working with families is preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish reading, writing, verbal required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Values working in a multicultural/diverse work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a broad variety of people including clients, staff, supervisors and management.
- Bilingual ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency staff and the community.
- Ability to work with Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
- Ability to remain calm and emotionally available in an environment serving severely troubled youth.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion while working and interacting with others.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, family systems, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency and related interventions.
- Individual, group and family therapy skills required.
- Effectively monitor safety and demonstrate group management skills and effectively de-escalate potentially chaotic or volatile situations.
- Organizational and leadership skills required.
- Ability to regularly attend scheduled shift, be punctual for scheduled shifts and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- If driving for personal vehicle for work-related purposes, must have current driver’s license for state of residency, must provide auto liability insurance, and meet Morrison driving requirements. If driving personal vehicle 3 times a week or more (frequent driver) must have and maintain personal auto liability coverage at $100,000/$100,000 level. All drivers must be approved to drive for Morrison.
- May involve irregular work hours, including some evenings and weekends, and including on call emergency phone coverage.
- Must pass a criminal history check.
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code “AFC-B-676” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put “AFC-B-676” or on your cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer