February 13, 2013
Adolescent and Family Therapist
40 Hours per Week, Full Benefits
Licensure Supervision Available!
Breakthrough Day Treatment
Day treatment program for youth with a focus on alcohol and drug recovery
When Applying Please Reference Job Code AFT-673
Please Follow Application Procedure
Therapist position in an alcohol and drug day treatment program working with adjudicated adolescent boys. The therapist position is responsible for maintaining a co-occurring disorder client caseload and providing family therapy per program policies and guidelines while utilizing best practices in alcohol and drug treatment and mental health services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in social services or related field required.
- Two years experience working with at-risk youth.
- Minimum 2 years alcohol and drug treatment experience is preferred.
- CADC application required within 5 months of employment and licensing required within two years of employment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, family systems, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency and related interventions.
- Individual, group and family therapy skills required.
- Effectively monitor safety and demonstrate group management skills and effectively de-escalate potentially chaotic or volatile situations.
- Values working in a multicultural/diverse work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a broad variety of people including clients, staff, supervisors and management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency staff and the community.
- Ability to remain calm and emotionally available in an environment serving severely troubled youth.
- Organizational and leadership skills required.
- Ability to regularly attend scheduled shift, be punctual for scheduled shifts and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Position requires personal transportation, a valid driver’s license for state of residency, personal auto liability insurance of $100,000/$100,000, and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy.
- May involve irregular work hours, including some evenings and weekends, and including on call emergency phone coverage.
- Must pass a criminal history check.
+ Pay Differential for Licensure
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code “AFT-673” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put “AFT-673” on your cover letter.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer