Athens Technical College in Athens, GA seeks an Adult Education Program Specialist. The Adult Education Program Specialist is responsible to the career opportunity center/adult education instructor for handling traditional administrative and tutorial duties at the adult learning center.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Deadline to apply is November 25, 2013.
- Perform general secretarial duties such as typing, filing, and record keeping.
- Greet students and answer telephones.
- Provide information regarding the adult education program and GED program.
- Assist in ordering and organizing instructional materials and supplies.
- Maintain student attendance records; prepare and submit monthly reports of student attendance and enrollment to the institution and the state adult literacy office.
- Manage GALIS data.
- Complete daily attendance reports for clients of social service agencies as required.
- Exercise confidentiality in handling all matters.
- Organize and oversee intake and assessment of adult education students.
- Correct students’ work and provide academic assistance.
- Maintain student work folders and program sheets.
- Maintain qualifications for employment as required by the institution and state.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations stated in the Technical College System of GeorgiaPolicy Manual and to the policies and procedures of the institution.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Participate in the institution’s annual staff development program
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED is required; Associate's degree in Business or Education is preferred. Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must be able to work in an efficient and organized manner. Must be a quick learner, have a keen attention to detail, and be team oriented. Willing to work day, evening, and Saturday hours with some overnight travel. Excellent customer service skills are required. Experience in post-secondary education environment preferred.
To apply, click "Apply To This Job" and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon an offer of employment. Official copies of transcripts must be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
Athens Technical College's Economic Development Services serves a ten county area surrounding Athens. Our mission is to provide non-credit...