Community Reach Center, a top-tier mental health provider in the northern Denver area, and the designated mental health provider for anyone eligible for Medicaid in Adams County, Colorado.
We are in need of a full time Nurse Prescriptive Authority ((40 hours a week) to be part of our Medical Services Team. Under direct supervision of a psychiatrist, provides psychiatric medication services at the site assigned by the CCO/Medical Director. Provides clinical care, assessment, treatment and support services to adult consumers and/or their families, including planning, implementation and documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct psychiatric services through comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of consumers. Prescribe and administer medications, assist in consumers’ medication management in collaboration with the supervising psychiatrist under State of Colorado Guidelines.
- Stabilize chronic psychiatric illness and treat acute, self limiting conditions (conditions with a defined diagnosis, predictable outcome and is not life threatening).
- Collaborate with a psychiatrist to maximize efficiency of psychiatric services. Provide consultation to staff and participate in staff conferences and serve on committees under the direction of the CCO/Medical Director. Provide coverage for mental health emergencies, including mental health holds.
- Complete medical records and reports and provide needed referrals to medical services and primary care providers.
- Coordinate consumer care regarding access to services, lab tests, case management, primary clinician, outreach services and other agencies.
- Other related duties as assigned by the CCO/Medical Director.
- Communication, organization, time management, and clinical skills.
- Experience relevant to clinical setting with understanding of psychiatric services in the area of health and psychiatric assessment, clinical diagnosis, psychopharmacology and direct consumer care.
- Knowledge of psychotropic medication administration and practice. Ability to follow detailed oral and written directions and ability to prepare and maintain records charts.
- Experience in Community psychiatry preferred.
- Medical expertise consistent with advanced practice nursing knowledge of the use of psychotropic and similar drugs competency in mental health treatment.
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team.
- Spanish Bilingual preferred
- RN or NP in the State of Colorado
Community Reach Center - 17 months ago